Another ZTR / Lawn Tractor Lift

Brucebotti

Threads
I saw this in a circular that came from my local Harbor Freight Store. It is on sale for the month of June for $79.99. I don't think that you can use the 20% off coupons, because it is probably considered a jack. The rating for it is not great. Most of the bad ratings are due to it being on backorder for a longtime. It is certainly worth a look-see at that price. I'll let you know when I go to see one. Hopefully someone else can chime in if they have seen it, or have some experience with it.
Thanks,
Bruce

High Lift Riding Mower / ATV Jack

Threads
I don't have a paved driveway or a concrete garage floor so stuff with small wheels wont work for me. I do however have a truck with a bumper , sheet of cardboard to lie down on , and a pretty level spot in my driveway. I got a set of atv ramps for 52$ including tax .

1000 Lb. Steel Loading Ramps, Set of Two

Brucebotti

Threads
I don't have a paved driveway or a concrete garage floor so stuff with small wheels wont work for me. I do however have a truck with a bumper , sheet of cardboard to lie down on , and a pretty level spot in my driveway. I got a set of atv ramps for 52$ including tax .

1000 Lb. Steel Loading Ramps, Set of Two

That will certainly work. I'm still torn between a lift like the one from Harbor Freight, and just using my engine hoist and jack stands.
Bruce

Brucebotti

Threads
I finally bought the Harbor Freight Lift, assembled it, and tried it. It is pretty well made, and it actually works much better than I expected. It felt very secure, even when I tried to rock it. The best part is that it was on sale for $79.99 and they even let me use a 20% off coupon. It ended up being $64. I notice that they have it now for $99. It looks as well made as ones I've seen selling for $149 to $199. I hope that the two pictures I attached can be seen. It can go up higher than in the pics. I just wanted to have it high enough to take a look and scrape any grass clippings under the deck.
Bruce

Attachments

• Lift-1.JPG
    Lift-1.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 55
  • lift-2.jpg
    lift-2.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 51

LakeRat1

Threads
This works for me, I bought a $ 49 chain hoist from Harbor Freight 10 years ago, still the same price, I am lucky enough to have a good place to hang the hoist, this way there is nothing in the way under the deck, you can roll all around the mower with out all this stuff in the way, and you don't have to fine a place to store it, The 1/2 ton hoist stays hanging, I tie off the chain to the wall when not needed, I realize that many of you are having to work out in the open, but if you have a garage/Tree with 8 ft. or more over head clearance this is a cheaper way & you will fine many other uses for a Chain hoist, Just a little thinking out side the Box

Rat

PS: I use a nylon sling to attach the chain hoist to the mower, depending on how the mower is made, I have never found a mower that I could not lift, front or rear, I am not talking about weight

Brucebotti

Threads
This works for me, I bought a $ 49 chain hoist from Harbor Freight 10 years ago, still the same price, I am lucky enough to have a good place to hang the hoist, this way there is nothing in the way under the deck, you can roll all around the mower with out all this stuff in the way, and you don't have to fine a place to store it, The 1/2 ton hoist stays hanging, I tie off the chain to the wall when not needed, I realize that many of you are having to work out in the open, but if you have a garage/Tree with 8 ft. or more over head clearance this is a cheaper way & you will fine many other uses for a Chain hoist, Just a little thinking out side the Box

Rat

PS: I use a nylon sling to attach the chain hoist to the mower, depending on how the mower is made, I have never found a mower that I could not lift, front or rear, I am not talking about weight

LakeRat,
I would have gone that route, but I don't trust the trusses in my garage. I am basically cheap, so the $79 minus 20% really got my attention.:laughing:

Bruce

LakeRat1

Threads
I hear You Bruce,

Rat

chobbs1957

Threads
I saw this in a circular that came from my local Harbor Freight Store. It is on sale for the month of June for $79.99. I don't think that you can use the 20% off coupons, because it is probably considered a jack. The rating for it is not great. Most of the bad ratings are due to it being on backorder for a longtime. It is certainly worth a look-see at that price. I'll let you know when I go to see one. Hopefully someone else can chime in if they have seen it, or have some experience with it.
Thanks,
Bruce

High Lift Riding Mower / ATV Jack

I picked up one of these this week and tried it out on the Husqvarna this weekend. I like the hydraulic lift system better than a winch, and the $79.97 price was attractive enough to take a chance!

It was easy to assemble, and, quite frankly, I was a pleased with the quality of what I saw once assembled, especially for a Harbor Freight product! I like the way it gets the mower high off the ground, and it's quite sturdy and sure once up there.

The lockout pin has a piece of light duty chain that tethers it to the handle. Well, I had a link in the light chain open at the place where it's mashed together and the chain came apart the first time I jacked it up, :thumbdown:, otherwise it's looking like a good investment.