Another question about tires

hillybilly

Active Member
Hello. The stock tire size for my TS 154 X is 20 X 8.00 - 8
Will 20 X 10.00 - 8 tires with matching wheels fit on my mower? I've read that they will work but only if the wheels are upgraded to match. Said better traction and less soil compaction.
I'm just wanting more traction.
 
Hello. The stock tire size for my TS 154 X is 20 X 8.00 - 8
Will 20 X 10.00 - 8 tires with matching wheels fit on my mower? I've read that they will work but only if the wheels are upgraded to match. Said better traction and less soil compaction.
I'm just wanting more traction.
You may be creating more problems than you need. First off, the wheel assemblies will be heavier. Secondly, you may need wheel spacers to keep them from rubbing on the frame and body.
 
Just to be pedantic;

A wheel is usually made up from several components;
  • Tyre - Outer structure/material in contact with the ground.
  • Rim - Inner frame /structure that supports the Tire & connects with the Hub
  • Hub - Connects the Rim to the axle.

Some wheels will have the Rim & Hub in one piece. Others the Rim is a separate piece often connecting to the Hub using studs/nuts. Bicycle & motorcycle wheels often have the Hub connected to the Rim using Spokes.

Collectively referred to as a wheel.

The names are derived from when "vehicles" used wooden wheels with steel tyres. Unless refering to a traditional wagon wheel, we no longer use the term Felloes, which are the wooden segments that make up a rim.


1791430622188.png
I make this point simply because so many people use the word TYRE when they mean RIM and visa versa - unnecessary confusion results.

Tyre - English
Tire - USA

:devilish:
 
Back
Top