Another Briggs Quantum 675 dies after about 5 minutes.

Gsnod

Threads
  • / Another Briggs Quantum 675 dies after about 5 minutes.
Thank you all for your guidance. I was able to grind the valve down, which then was adjustable to within specs. Next, it was all about putting it back together and pulling the cord....started right up!

Thank you all!

Sorry for the delay getting back, busier then a cat covering for the last few days. Thanks for all the replies, never thought I would get this kind of response.

Don't feel any loss of compression while trying to restart, if intake valve was hanging open enough to stall engine would expect to feel a easier pull on rope or a gas soaked air filter. Granted I have a fine mist but not enough to to leave any residue on the filter.
Pulled every thing back apart again that I had done previously double checking every thing, carefully reassembling found nothing. Only thing done different is pulled primer bulb out of housing to look and make sure it was not cracked or damaged which it was not.
Added gas, few pumps of the primer bulb, started right up. Let it run at full throttle for over 30 minutes, almost a full tank of gas and it didn't die the entire time. Figure this weekend will tell if I actually fixed anything or not. One way or another I'm going to make this problem go away. Dead set that it if it still continues to die i'm going to just order another motor and be done with it.
Will update this post as soon I cut the grass tomorrow.