another basketcase

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
well.....it figures i cant sell a mower without another coming down the pipe:laughing:....i just sold my NOMA [ a great mower...very tight and started and ran beautifully ]....but he wanted me to take his "mental mower" at the same time...so i took $75 off the price and got a 2005 Poulan Pro...48" deck 22hp v-twin briggs that spins like theres no compression..[ the rods are probably broke off]..the deck was ripped off the welded back on with **** welding....it has a hydro with pedals..but god knows if that works....it was rode hard and put away wet.....and used v-twins coast a fortune [overrated!]...it just sits there and stares at me..Daring me to fix him!...ill probably have to give it away just to get it out of sight:thumbdown:

Attachments

• IMG_1043[1].jpg
    IMG_1043[1].jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1018[1].jpg
    IMG_1018[1].jpg
    170 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1119[1].jpg
    IMG_1119[1].jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1120[1].jpg
    IMG_1120[1].jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1121[1].jpg
    IMG_1121[1].jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1122[1].jpg
    IMG_1122[1].jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1123[1].jpg
    IMG_1123[1].jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 16

benski

Threads
:eek:Crikey! That thing looks like it's worth about $140.00/ton to me. Gotta see if there's any good jewelry on it first, though:biggrin: I'm getting ready to load up my hapless 1/2 ton ford p/u and my trailer and head off to the great recycler in the sky with some of my stuff. Not even the guys who advertise on C/L "Will p/u your dead or unloved riding mower for free" want what's left..:wink::biggrin: I'm a 300+ lb. lawnmower buzzard..

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
its actually worse than it looks:laughing:....maybe ill give it away before it becomes the dreaded money pit!:confused2:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
First I have to state that I know little to nothing about riding mowers. :laughing:

But aren't there some good parts on this thing that would be worth taking off and selling? How about the cast AL/MG parts that would be valuable to recycle?

And how did a mower that's only six years old get so messed up? Was it a lemon to begin with?

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
it is shocking....but they trashed this thing....the motor has both rods broken off and at some point they ripped the deck on something...then welded it back on ...very poorly...and the rust is unreal...it looks like its been sitting in salt water for the last 5 years....realisticly..ill sel as a parts vehicle cheap....mowers just arnt selling this late in the year...so i either keep what i have till next spring or sell 'em cheap now:confused2:

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
it is shocking....but they trashed this thing....the motor has both rods broken off and at some point they ripped the deck on something...then welded it back on ...very poorly...and the rust is unreal...it looks like its been sitting in salt water for the last 5 years....realisticly..ill sel as a parts vehicle cheap....mowers just arnt selling this late in the year...so i either keep what i have till next spring or sell 'em cheap now:confused2:

You may find 75$ in usable parts there. At the rate you go through mowers you should probably start your own spare parts department.....:biggrin:

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
no kidding!...$75 is exactly what i was thinking...but part of me is curious about what the hell they did to that poor engine...i might have to open it up to see before i sell it:biggrin: