Amazon Stihl parts?????

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
OEM is OEM...where you get it .....usually from someone authorized to carry and or sell OEM....some stuff is no longer available anywhere....AMAZON sells stuff, lot's of stuff some good some very bad from only God knows who....they do not manufacture anything....cheap parts are cheap parts no matter..best bet for anything is OEM unless it is NOT available and or you DO NOT want to pay for it...Is to roll the dice...and buy from whomever where-ever..... Better yet go to and support your local guy if you can....It's kind of like jack-assing to Home Depot and they do not have it....when you could have gone to the local hardware store ...gotten it....and for less time and effort...or a lot of places WILL get it for you!
Good Luck and be well Sir
Original Equipment Manufacturer is OEM
Like most garden equipment makers now days Still do not make any part of their blowers
Each & every part is made by an outside company ( although Stihl may also own some of them ) sent to Stihl then assembled
Even the assembly on some models is outsourced .
So any company in that chain is by LEGAL definition an OEM
So it is legal to sell them advertised as OEM regardless of weather they were part of a Stihl order, the parts that Stihl's QC inspectors at the factory rejected or the same part ordered by Cheap & Nasty Mower Parts Pty Ltd.
When a model is brand new Stihl ( & most others ) order that moulds & dies are either destroyed or returned to Stihl .
If it is a follow on model of a run of models then they do not do this in order to get a cheaper per unit item cost .
Thus when the dies , moulds are a bit worn and what they pop out gets above X% rejects , the manufacturer will grind the Stihl numbers off them and start making aftermarket parts
These are OEM parts, made on the same machines at the same factory using the same moulds as the genuine Stihl items .
The factory that makes them usually gets paid more by the after market suppliers per item than Stihl pays them so they accept the higher reject rate .
The rejects get on sold as scrap or defective parts for repair
Some are repaired and get on sold back into the parts stream and what can not get sold as scrap
However a lot of this scrap can not be visually identified as scrap so remainder merchants buy it then sell it into the off brand parts stream as OEM which is quite true.
They just don't tell you that it is an OEM REJECTED part
If I sold them then my cranky customers can come back through my gate, demand a refund or replacement or give me a punch on the nose cause they are really cranky.
Bezos set up Amazon to ILLEGALLY trade in counterfit books or to circumvent book distribution deals between publishers & retailers .
So to prevent his vendors being sued by authors, publishers , distributors or retailers he hid the identity of the vendors
To prevent himself being sued he set Amazon up as a logistics enterprise distributing books o behalf of the unknown vendors .
Google , Face book etc use the same arguement to distribute illegal & immoral material on the web .
So Amazon was an illegal enterprise from day one set up to defraud copyright , distribution & royality owners .
Now because the richious , moral , law abiding citizens of the USA ( originally ) are quite happy to be part of a scheme designed to defraud the legal owners of their riteful incomes if they books ( originally ) they buy are a little bit cheaper , Amazon thrived and the small publishers of low volume books went bust and sacked thousands of American citizens they employed.
As Amazon went from strength to strength Bezos expanded the product range because the Western World is by and large very greedy selfish stupid & very very lazy .
So now if you want some thing you just grab it from Amazon.
Now criminals saw this for what it was set up as , the perfect cover for criminal activities selling counterfeit & stolen goods and that is what it has become .
Now some of the vendors are honest , law abiding people selling quality goods but the bulk are criminals and thieves either selling counterfeit / defective or stolen goods or selling good stuff then vanishing just before tax is due so stealing from the government and all of the genuine shop fronts that can not change name over night and pocket all the tax they collected and avoid income tax all together .

mmoffitt

Threads
Original Equipment Manufacturer is OEM
Like most garden equipment makers now days Still do not make any part of their blowers
Each & every part is made by an outside company ( although Stihl may also own some of them ) sent to Stihl then assembled
Even the assembly on some models is outsourced .
So any company in that chain is by LEGAL definition an OEM
So it is legal to sell them advertised as OEM regardless of weather they were part of a Stihl order, the parts that Stihl's QC inspectors at the factory rejected or the same part ordered by Cheap & Nasty Mower Parts Pty Ltd.
When a model is brand new Stihl ( & most others ) order that moulds & dies are either destroyed or returned to Stihl .
If it is a follow on model of a run of models then they do not do this in order to get a cheaper per unit item cost .
Thus when the dies , moulds are a bit worn and what they pop out gets above X% rejects , the manufacturer will grind the Stihl numbers off them and start making aftermarket parts
These are OEM parts, made on the same machines at the same factory using the same moulds as the genuine Stihl items .
The factory that makes them usually gets paid more by the after market suppliers per item than Stihl pays them so they accept the higher reject rate .
The rejects get on sold as scrap or defective parts for repair
Some are repaired and get on sold back into the parts stream and what can not get sold as scrap
However a lot of this scrap can not be visually identified as scrap so remainder merchants buy it then sell it into the off brand parts stream as OEM which is quite true.
They just don't tell you that it is an OEM REJECTED part
If I sold them then my cranky customers can come back through my gate, demand a refund or replacement or give me a punch on the nose cause they are really cranky.
Bezos set up Amazon to ILLEGALLY trade in counterfit books or to circumvent book distribution deals between publishers & retailers .
So to prevent his vendors being sued by authors, publishers , distributors or retailers he hid the identity of the vendors
To prevent himself being sued he set Amazon up as a logistics enterprise distributing books o behalf of the unknown vendors .
Google , Face book etc use the same arguement to distribute illegal & immoral material on the web .
So Amazon was an illegal enterprise from day one set up to defraud copyright , distribution & royality owners .
Now because the richious , moral , law abiding citizens of the USA ( originally ) are quite happy to be part of a scheme designed to defraud the legal owners of their riteful incomes if they books ( originally ) they buy are a little bit cheaper , Amazon thrived and the small publishers of low volume books went bust and sacked thousands of American citizens they employed.
As Amazon went from strength to strength Bezos expanded the product range because the Western World is by and large very greedy selfish stupid & very very lazy .
So now if you want some thing you just grab it from Amazon.
Now criminals saw this for what it was set up as , the perfect cover for criminal activities selling counterfeit & stolen goods and that is what it has become .
Now some of the vendors are honest , law abiding people selling quality goods but the bulk are criminals and thieves either selling counterfeit / defective or stolen goods or selling good stuff then vanishing just before tax is due so stealing from the government and all of the genuine shop fronts that can not change name over night and pocket all the tax they collected and avoid income tax all together .
I totally agree...what I'm saying....is AMAZON sells "Stuff good bad and somewhere in between" They do not make anything EXCEPT TONS of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and then some!

javjacob

Threads
If you are buying new parts off Amazon you are buying aftermarket parts. They claim a lot of parts to be OEM but they are not. Many of these Chinese manufactures are very good at making cheap quality knock off parts that look exactly like OEM. Don't be fooled into thinking you are getting a good deal on Amazon or Ebay. If its 1/10th the price of OEM it's probably at best 1/20th the quality. Amazon and Ebay should only be used as a last resort if OEM parts are discontinued.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Most manufacturers like Stihl usually have very good legally enforceable contracts with their sub (components) manufactures and most know not to break these contract as companies like Stihl are their bread and butter. One company that Stihl was sourcing their carburetors was selling the carburetor repair kit via their normal distribution channels. Stihl put a stop to this by buying a controlling interest in Zama. This has made it nearly impossible to obtain Zama OEM carburetor repair kits that fit only Stihl sold carburetors. And Stihl dealers locally can't even get the Zama kits even when they have the Stihl PNs for them. Otherwords I having to replace carburetors with new ones because I can't get the kits which is all is needed to repair the carburetors. Many of the older kits I have found a good source at CTS but they don't have every version of the kits either. Very frustrating to have replaced about 50 carburetor this year alone that I could had repaired over 95% of them.

As for the aftermarket parts as said quality is very iffy. I recently brought some simple remote primer assemblies from Stens. Everyone fail with a few minutes once the fuel mix hit them. The bulbs themselves were the problem. 6 out of 6 failed. At least Stens stood behind the product and refunded my money.

And Stihl isn't the only manufacture that get parts copied either. Some parts are very good and others are nothing but pure crap. I am currently dealing a problem where I use a Kawasaki aftermarket electric pump. The vendor claimed a two year warranty on the pump. The problem is it cost nearly as much as the pump did the first time just to return the pump for exchange so I am having to eat the cost of a new pump as I warranty it myself to the customer for 90 days because they claimed a two warranty. Even with that short term warranty the pump failed within my standard 30 day repair warranty. I don't get the same shipping rates as the Amazon dealers. I have to pay full retail USPS rate on packages I send out.

Personally as a repair shop owner have learned to use OEM sourced parts nearly all the time except for items like bearings as it pays off in repairs that hold up. I have a regular bearing supplier for the bearings which stand by their products. Many DIYers don't have the same resources as regular shops either.

Just too many crooks out there looking to make a fast buck off the unsuspecting buyer. And most those that are on Amazon and eBay are fly by night companies here today, gone tomorrow. And I hear that Aussie's Gumtree site has a similar setup; although, the Aussies should have better consumer laws to work within.

BTW just looking at reviews don't most times as they delete all the bad ones. I had one that couldn't do this and they demanded me to retract my bad review. I didn't as it was the truth.
Attach files

mikehouse

Threads
Has anybody bought parts for a Stihl from Amazon? I've got a BG 86 that is missing some parts and was wondering if they are as good and cheaper as the Stihl parts from the dealer?

Has anybody bought parts for a Stihl from Amazon? I've got a BG 86 that is missing some parts and was wondering if they are as good and cheaper as the Stihl parts from the dealer?

I

Hi all.As I had to take my stick (FS56) to a Stihl dealer for service,I told of a tune up kid I ordered from Amazon that had a plug that supposedly was a replacement plug.I was told in no uncertain terms :You CAN'T buy Stihl parts from anyone EXCEPT A STIHL DEALERSHIP!!!!!.Lesson learned.

on

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Alibaba vendors do not get paid till you verify that the parts arrived in good condition so parts bought via Alibaba are always good
Evil Pay & Scammazon send the payments directly to the vendor after taking their cut thus stuff bought there is very much a luckydip.
I get mine from Alibaba, Made in China, Farmer Tech, Emego direct .

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've bought OEM parts from Amazon. But moreso from Ebay. So far so good. I haven't been ripped off yet. (that I haven't been able to get my money back from Amazon themselves) And I've bought quite a few OEM parts.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
IF i do buy parts from amazon, i always go with the "Amazon's Choice" which is where that product was bought the most, and has the best reviews.