Aluminum deck for Duraforce w/o self-propel

cgallery

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Duraforce lawn mower w/o the self-propel feature. It is a Silver series, with steel deck. I wanted the Silver, instead of Gold, series because the handle was longer (and I'm tall).

I was wondering how difficult it would be to adapt the Duraforce engine to an aluminum deck. I know there are aluminum decks sold for the Duraforce, there is one on eBay right now (for like $265). But can any of the other aluminum decks be adapted? I don't mind drilling holes and making modifications.

If it would work I thought it might be an interesting over the winter project.

jp1961

Threads
I would say stick with the aluminum deck of the same era. Trying to convert an older deck may give you a lot of headaches, then again it may work. Lawn-Boy made lots of different mowers, to say which might fit is anybody's guess.

Jeff

impalass

Threads
I would say stick with the aluminum deck of the same era. Trying to convert an older deck may give you a lot of headaches, then again it may work. Lawn-Boy made lots of different mowers, to say which might fit is anybody's guess.

Jeff
I installed a F engine from a steel deck to a 5124 aluminum and i had to change the adaptor plate and muffler.

JohnBoy1

Threads
A 10424 the duraforce aluminum pusher that's pretty easy to find. I on the other hand is in the process of putting a duraforce on a old 5247 19" deck. All you need is a aluminum decked duraforce mount plate and they fit to any aluminum deck offset wheel mower.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
About pricing: $265 is way too much to pay, IMO. If you're in Wisconsin you should have plenty of options locally. Keep an eye out (CraigsList, etc) and you'll find a good deal.

Here in Georgia, I'd expect to pay no more than $40 for a Duraforce mower with an engine that needs work but with a good alloy deck. You should do better than that in your area.