Alternative oil input on Briggs&Stratton 500E

Bjorn9939

Forum Newbie
The mower doesn't have a dipstick assembly and the customer service said to take it back. Still, I'm curious about what it is, it shows in the Owners manual. Edit: it seems like another kind of dipstick, but I'm unfamiliar with how to access it.
 

Attachments

  • B&S_from_pdf.png
    B&S_from_pdf.png
    335 KB · Views: 25
  • B&S_from_picture.png
    B&S_from_picture.png
    821.1 KB · Views: 25
Looks like I found some info in a youtube video. I'm not sure about whether you can post links here, so instead I will post the title of the video: "
How to open the dipstick oil cap of a Weedeater Lawnmower
"
He shows how to use an 11/16" wrench, or any wrench that fits, turn counterclockwise carefully. Later, to put it back on, go clockwise but don't go too tight.
 
That is a dipstick that you can either unscrew with your fingers, or most of the time a large flat blade screwdriver works wonders. You don;t have the dipstick with the extended fill tube type dipstick.
 
That is a dipstick that you can either unscrew with your fingers, or most of the time a large flat blade screwdriver works wonders. You don;t have the dipstick with the extended fill tube type dipstick.
Thanks, I'll remember that because we do have a big flat head screwdriver. Also maybe next time I'll use my fingers to close it.
 
Back
Top