Almost bought a honda

Mike88se

Threads
Found a Harmony 215 5.0(?) mower on CL along w/ a Ryobi trimmer and attachments thrown in. I was looking at the pic of the mower and it was one of those "whats wrong with this picture" pics ;)
Let me show you the pic and later I'll tell you what the seller told me when I asked about what I saw.
00D0D_dRTRmKnYnjE_600x450.jpg

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
How do you start it or check the oil?

Mike88se

Threads
Different size wheels on front and back?
I don't think they are different sized. Anyway... Look at the right hand side of the deck. See something missing? Yep there is part of the deck missing ;)
I asked her if there was a hole or crack in the deck. She said yep there's a hole, thats where the grass comes out lol. Turns out her ex cut the deck for side discharge. Seems like that's got to mess with the function of the deck design. Also the pull cord is broken. I could probably find a way to start it but I'm not sure I want to drive the 50 miles to find out. It might be a good deal yet if I knew I could find a buyer for that Ryobi trimmer and attachments.
I'd buy that Kubota if the seller comes down a little on the price and there's nothing wrong with the internals.
How do you start it or check the oil?
Yep starting it w/o a pull cord might be a problem ;)
All the Hondas I've had use a dip stick built into the filler cap. I think I see what you're seeing though and I can't make out what it is or why it's there.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did not notice the deck. OMG

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Also the zip ties on the door ?

bwdbrn1

Threads
Oil fill tube looks like it isn't in place as it should be. Given the issues with the mower, I'd be suspect of the Ryobi too.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I wouldn't want that mower if it was free.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I wouldn't go that far ;) I'd take it if it was free and nearby. But yeah... I'm gonna pass on the deal.

I think I got into this a little earlier . One mans junk is the next mans treasure. To me its junk.