Allis Chalmers Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Hello everyone I dont own a AC mower yet but my dad has owned a 175 tractor since before I was born and the ol gal is still being used on the farm. But I am thinking of getting a 712S for a pulling mower application. Is that a good choice or is there a better model that I should think about?
 
The 712S is a great little gear tractor... do not see many of them around this part of the country, where are you located? are they common around you?
As a puller, It should work great... the old Cub Cadets are usually the better garden tractors but that old AC was a well built machine and should do great... :smile:KennyV
 
I live in VA and I seen one for sale in PA. I was thinking about the cub cadet but if I could show up with something different than everyone else and still be competitive that would be awesome!
 
Hi, I have a Allis Chalmers 917 Hydro 1981 with its original K17 Kohler series 1, unmolested, runs perfect, mows and blows [snow], just changed its drive belt of 15 years, showed a little cracking, never failed me, a truly dependable old war horse,
Mick.
 
Last edited:
im the new guy here,i have many allis mowers ,3 b207's,2 b10s,one big ten ,b112,several 600 series,2 718's,2 912's,3 919's,917,2 920's,7790simplicity,620,720,im sure theres many more
 
just got a new project yard tractor about 2 weeks ago. an Deutz Allis 616 hydro. it was in beautiful shape, except for the engine. got it for only $300. it is either a 42 or 48 inch mower deck on it. not for sure as of yet, been to busy lately to measure it
 
Bought a 914H last week, still going through it and sorting it out, it's built like a tank so I'm hoping that after some TLC it will give me a decade of good service...
 
Back
Top