Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
What is the model number of the mower?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Looks to be NLA from Briggs now but of course the Power Portal has been down all Saturday and is still down this morning. This spindle housing appears to be not made by aftermarket companies currently either.

We will seeing a lot more of this with Briggs ending production of Simplicity and Snapper products. Unless they sell off the brands and then it might be like Tecumseh where older units are not supported.

This what we get when a financial investment company takes over a manufacture. As Briggs appears to dying I am only ordering parts on as needed instead of stocking extra parts as I have done in the past. No point getting stuck with a lot of unsalable parts.

And Briggs isn't the only company that has started killing off older equipment by not supplying parts. I currently has a customer with a Husqvarna made ZTR that I can't a deck drive spring for or idler pulleys. At least the idler pulleys are available in after market. The closest spring I have found is one off a JD mower but it must be cut down to fit.

And now I have one customer a two year pressure washer built by Briggs sub contractor that there is nearly no parts available. Also have a customer with a Poulan Pole saw that was only 6 months old when it came into the shop that has been waiting a year for a throttle cable. I told the customer that it appears he need to just buy a new one and forget this one.

Our old guard are now out the door and the new ones are just out what they make a quick buck now and don't care if the equipment gets supported later. They are just living their father's and grandfather's companies reputations

oneoldfarmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for info . if someone were to find one please post thanks

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Man I hope you find the part. Sad these great mowers are going extinct from lack of parts.