After replacing the cylinder head, 20 hp Briggs and Stratton won't start.

Rcross1959

Forum Newbie
After I replaced cylinder head gasket, I did check both push rods are metal, I did lash .006 feeler gap.
I did jump the battery, my briggs and Stratton 20 hp engine still won't start. .???
I did check oil and carburetor is cleaned.
I can not think how to find what wrong!
Please help me.
 
Model number off the engine. Your gap is not correct but I can not get you the correct gap without the model number.
 
After I replaced cylinder head gasket, I did check both push rods are metal, I did lash .006 feeler gap.
I did jump the battery, my briggs and Stratton 20 hp engine still won't start. .???
I did check oil and carburetor is cleaned.
I can not think how to find what wrong!
Please help me.

:welcome:

Sit down, take a deep breath and rethink your post.
You are there, we are here
You can see, hear & smell what is happening
We have to imagine it from what you have posted
So start by describing exactly what happens from the time your bum hit the seat.
 
Your valve lash should be 0.003" - 0.005" inlet and 0.005" - 0.007" exhaust.
You could be too far out on inlet which is causing an issue.
The alu push rod is used on the inlet (bottom) valve and usually steel on the exhaust.
 
Back
Top