Advice

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
You guys who now smaller properties give me some input. Most of our yards are 1/2 acre to several acres.

We are getting opportunities to bid some smaller yards.

Give me some recommendations on a smaller all around mower. Possibly a walk behind or stand on ect.

We run zero turns a 60" and a 48".

We have a Snapper walk behind 21". It is old but runs ok. We need something a little more than it is.

What are your thoughts?

fatboy

Threads
We use a 36" Toro grandstand it gets in most gates and leaves a great cut

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah The Toro Grandstand 36" is the way to go. I use it on about all my property's it's a great cut, very maneuverable and faster than most ZTR mowers. Another alternative would be the Toro Turfmaster 30" or Exmark 30" if you want to use a self propelled mower both of those have an excellent cut.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
As I said we have a cheapo Snapper walk behind. The self propel on it is so stinking slow though.

This type of lawn service is new to me. We cut larger properties with zero turns and weedeaters. Many times it is rough and many times it is very rough.... Therefore it will take a learning curve for me to do it right.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
The commercial toro 21" you won't regret it......

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is the self propel reasonably fast?

The self propelled mowers are going to run 3.5 to 4 mph tops, if you want faster than that start looking at wide area walk behind. The nice thing about the Toro Grandstand is you have the best of both worlds, a ZTR and a walk-Behind.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I went in our Kubota Dealer this AM. The sales guy there says they are going to take on part of the Toro line of mowers. Another local business has the line and sells zero turns. Because they do not sell the other mowers then his dealership is going to be able to sell them.

The dealership just changed hands. Since it has they have added Echo and now Toro. I will probably buy one when they get some in. I am just not sure what I want/need.

I think for my business the Grandstand is going to be a little much. I would like the 30". I will have to look at space and see how I could haul it. We have a 16' cargo trailer but we haul two zero turns in it. Definately interested on a Toro though for sure.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
For small yards the 21 might be better. Leaves better lines lmho and doesn't take long at all all of my properties are 1/3 acre or less and I can weedeat, edge, mow, blow in about 20-25 mins I use the commercial 21