A couple recent finds

unclelee

Threads

The mower is a 1968, not sure of the modle # yet. I am out of town and will pick it up when I return home.
The edger is a 1960 ET-1....first year for Lawnboy edgers.
It is getting to the point where I have a lot of projects to work on...but I am happy with the modles that I have been finding.
Lee

2smoked

Threads
If that mower is a 19 inch, it would be a 5237. I currently have the motor apart on mine. I'm trying to track down a decent piston for it. I have some pictures of it on another thead showing the powder coat job I had done to the deck.

unclelee

Threads
If that mower is a 19 inch, it would be a 5237. I currently have the motor apart on mine. I'm trying to track down a decent piston for it. I have some pictures of it on another thead showing the powder coat job I had done to the deck.

I think you are right because of the blue handle grip..the 5236 had white.
Powder coating is the way to go for sure. Did you match the spring green?
I have downloaded an app on my phone to color match paint and am anxious to try it out. I have a duplicolor match for the gold on the edger and it will get paint...but if I can get a powder coat match for the deck on the 68...I think that would be the way to go.
Lee

2smoked

Threads
I think you are right because of the blue handle grip..the 5236 had white.
Powder coating is the way to go for sure. Did you match the spring green?
I have downloaded an app on my phone to color match paint and am anxious to try it out. I have a duplicolor match for the gold on the edger and it will get paint...but if I can get a powder coat match for the deck on the 68...I think that would be the way to go.
Lee

With a bit of regret, I did not go with an exact color match because of the cost. The color is very close to that of the common green color that you see on later Lawn Boys. The results were so good that it doesn't bother me. I'm sure when I get the thing back together, it will look very presentable. According to my eye, I think the contrast is appealing.

unclelee

Threads
With a bit of regret, I did not go with an exact color match because of the cost. The color is very close to that of the common green color that you see on later Lawn Boys. The results were so good that it doesn't bother me. I'm sure when I get the thing back together, it will look very presentable. According to my eye, I think the contrast is appealing.

I went and found your thread....I think you are right..the powder coat looks great and I don't think the contrast will look bad at all.
Lee

unclelee

Threads

Turns out it is a 5236
Lee

unclelee

Threads

Got decals for the edger in from rsmotorsports !!

Snapperfreak

Threads
Very nice finds!! Can't say I've ever seen a Lawnboy edger but love it!

unclelee

Threads
Very nice finds!! Can't say I've ever seen a Lawnboy edger but love it!
That is the one I am most excited about!!! Can't wait to get it home from the brother in laws so I can tear into it.
I already have mostly everything it could need sourced out so it should come together nicely when I get it home.
I am also looking for one of the 6" front wheels like in the pics above for the mower....I had one, but didn't have a machine for it so I sold it on ebay....now I wish I had kept it.
Lee

Snapperfreak

Threads
Isn't that how it always goes...don't need a part until u don't have it anymore. Looking forward to the finished product!