A couple different mowers I saw today.

possum

Threads
One was a Sabre lawntractor by John Deer. First one I ever saw, was in nice shape getting serviced. Another one was an odd duck for me. Was a Swisher, three wheeled, small deck, engine under the hood, drive was by the single front wheel. To reverse the wheel was turned backwards. Was called a Zero Turn. The owner said he did not knoiw how old it was, looked to be from 10 or 15 years ago perhaps. I watched it mow from a distance, seemed to be doing good. Was a real cool looking little mower.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
One was a Sabre lawntractor by John Deer. First one I ever saw, was in nice shape getting serviced. Another one was an odd duck for me. Was a Swisher, three wheeled, small deck, engine under the hood, drive was by the single front wheel. To reverse the wheel was turned backwards. Was called a Zero Turn. The owner said he did not knoiw how old it was, looked to be from 10 or 15 years ago perhaps. I watched it mow from a distance, seemed to be doing good. Was a real cool looking little mower.

Sabre was JD's first entry into the low end of the lawn tractor business, same range as the ones sold in the big box home center stores today, the L-110 models, etc. by that I mean aimed at that price point. I would say they were introduced in the mid 1990's, yup just did a Google search and my memory was right. Many people thought the Sabre was just a rebadged MTD but JD actually produced them.