90's Craftsman 2 Value

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The parts guys and rider mower flippers are making me miserable here in North Central FL. . They are like lightening and buy up every good deal in sight. Man, They must be hungry here. A personal buyer can't get at Nothin without these guys cutting you out. Its almost criminal. lol I've been trying to buy a rider with one of those 540 cc ( 19 - 21 hp ) Briggs singles. All the lawn mower guys say they are junk. But its awful funny I can't beat them to one , When one is on something for sale here they burn rubber. I thought nobody had any money in this BS pandemic ! lol
With unemployment levels you have there and multiply that by 5 to include the under employed , let alone any one who has done a stretch so can never ever be employed ( do they even count them any more ) is it any surprise that so many are scratching a myserable living out of nickel & dime mark up on flipped mowers .
Even down here where ride ons are near double USA prices you can never get your hands on a reasonably priced wreck to rebuild .
Even worse is the franchise holders are obliged to destroy any mower that they trade in .
Normally they just refuse to trade in but since Covid times are tight so they do trade in to get a sale then wreck the mower to get the 50% rebate from the distibutors .

4950cycle

Threads
With unemployment levels you have there and multiply that by 5 to include the under employed , let alone any one who has done a stretch so can never ever be employed ( do they even count them any more ) is it any surprise that so many are scratching a myserable living out of nickel & dime mark up on flipped mowers .
Even down here where ride ons are near double USA prices you can never get your hands on a reasonably priced wreck to rebuild .
Even worse is the franchise holders are obliged to destroy any mower that they trade in .
Normally they just refuse to trade in but since Covid times are tight so they do trade in to get a sale then wreck the mower to get the 50% rebate from the distibutors .
Where are you ?

4950cycle

Threads
I'm afraid our spoiled nature in present times, and all of a sudden getting poor as church mice is not going to be a good mix for the good of Man. " We " Are not the people of the 1920s and 30s.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We re actually going in a full circle.
We all started off the same then a select few managed to acquire all the wealth and they became kings , chiefs, medacine men, religious/cultural leaders etc.
Then we got governments and the wealth became better distributed.
Then the governments became a puppet for the wealthy
Now a select few are again acquiring all of the wealth except that can not brain wash the masses that they have some sort of divine rights to have all of the money.
There will be blood on the streets which will redistribute the wealth more equitably again and if there are any people left on the planet we will start the cycle gain .

The Galopageous tube worm is the most primitive animal with a retentive memory .
It instinctivly lives in the shade / dark where it is hard to find & be eaten .
We used to do an experiment with a tube with electrodes in the shady end & a strong light on the other .
After being zapped around 1000ish times the worms remember about the electrodes and stay right on the light dark border.

They are far more intelligent than humans who just keep on doing the same stupid things time after time after time
And we have no excuses because we have recorded history of wars, rebellions , dictatorships, as well as times of peace & prosperity .
But we never learn

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Stopped for gas today, saw a guy across the way with a big hogleg in a holster. About 18" long, barrel the size of my wrist, handle like my ankle. Slugs on the belt looked to be about 3/4" dia. Pretty proud of it, walked in the store with it openly. Election time here in the states. If he can pull it I'd say he's ready for anything. I'm staying in tonight. I really wonder what my grandkids are going to face in the future.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I know nothing about Native American culture and not much more than Australin Native culture
However they have lived in this country for what is now believed to be 120,000 years without any major conflicts .
And this is primarily attributed to the cultural belief that man owns nothing and we are all just temporary custodians of the environment .

Most Western cultures believe that some diety created the planet for our benefit and we have done little but destroy the planet & each other .
Makes one wonder who got it right .

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Little different over here with the Native Americans. Quite a few major battles have been recorded in folklore and thousands of arrowheads and chipped hatchets (tomahawks) found in fields have proven it. But they were much better caretakers of the land than we have been.

4950cycle

Threads
People are people, Native American , White , Asian . At the same level of technology we will all do the same damage. Don't listen to that leftist propaganda . The EVIL White Man junk

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
People are people correct and as people we all have to deal inherient short comings .
If we did not have these "failings of character" then we would have died out as a species before we moved out of the caves .
What makes the difference is CULTURE, not colour
And culturally what has become dominant amongst white peoples is arogrance , greed, selfishness lazyness & stupidity .
Arogrance = we have a divine right from what ever diety we claim has given it to us to own everything we see
Greed = we want everything and if we can steal it from some one else that is even better
Selfishness = unwilling ness to share the finite resources of the planet so every one can live a reasonable life
lazyness = stealing is easier than making / finding it yourself
Stupidity = all of the above do not work long term yet we repeat them time & time & time & time again .

Now you can believe what you want to but back up your anti- "evil white man" claim by listing all of the countries , existing or no longer existing that have managed to go the past 1000 years without a major war

India lived in a peaceful co-existance between the Hindus, Seiks & Muslems till the WHITE British East India Company turned up & created wars between them that still are happening today.

The most dangerous creature on the planet was a white man with a book of religious text in one hand and a gun in the other .

As to the local Black people ,
Some 20 odd known nations , these were divided up into some 400 countries and these further subdivided int some 10,000 tribal regions .
All with a very loose common law , living in continent that flucuates from feast to famine with regular monotonany but for 120,000 years the black people managed to live in and share resources without wiping out their neighbours to take over their resources, they managed to trade & prosper in a continent that all of the white people who happened across it describes as a waste land unable to support a population and to a point every attempt of a European ( ie white ) group to live here for any length of time was a dismal failure .

Or to quote an American back at you
Colonel Lewis , the inventor of the Lewis Gun, a design that was made to overcome the failure of the Gatling gun to kill enough people .
"Vast fortunes awaits the man who can invent a more efficient means of Europeans killing each other "
This was from his address at the opening of his factory in BElgium because the arogance of a WHITE army officer who refused to even test his new weapon against the inferiour weapon the US army was using at the time and in fact despite the Navy & marines using the Lewis Gun General Crozie refused to allow any US army personnel to use a Lewis gun to the point that he delayed deployment of US troups in France while the British issued Lewis Guns were replaced