8 hp tecumseh valve clearence issue

Take off the nut off the bottom of the carb, and let it dribble in a cup, look at the fuel for dirt, and watch and see if the dribbling slows or stops, you may have a real clogged fuel filter, or screen in the tank plugged. After it sits a bit, fuel will slowly fill the bowl a bit, enough to run a tad. Look at the nut that you took off the carb, and see if the little holes in it are plugged up.
 
Got the machine running after relizeing the valves were indeed in check went threw the motins of checking fuel system .....crimed fuel line ccarb barley getting fuel thanks everyone for your time and input !
 
Got the machine running after relizeing the valves were indeed in check went threw the motins of checking fuel system .....crimed fuel line ccarb barley getting fuel thanks everyone for your time and input !

It kind of sounded like that....
 
The engine is aprox 14 years old it is not a ohv if I put the hlast thing it did before I started takeing off the head and valve cover was it would start fine run smooth for 30 secs then rev very high backfire a few times then die everything that point towards running lean ..... maybe I should check carb sgain if valves are correctly adjusted .... I will also say I put new spark plug in and fly wheel key seems stuck on shaft not bent or crscked but stuck .... thanks for the help so far this is great!

go back to basics, good fuel, clear fuel cap vent, clear fuel line, carb inlet fitting clear, back to the carb... Whats the spark plug look like NOW.. Is it fouling out or lean looking...Aint the valve lash.. Gene Kap.
 
Back
Top