6 months on my new motor and its broken!

Threads
TX Rider do not tell the dealer you messed with the gov adjust they are gonna think you did the damage.....

Where at in Tx, you at ??

txzrider2

Threads
TX Rider do not tell the dealer you messed with the gov adjust they are gonna think you did the damage.....

Where at in Tx, you at ??

I am in the suburbs south of dallas tx. I lived in baton rouge in the 80's ...installing cash registers in national T grocery stores (and Delchamps). Made some wonderful friends down there.

Threads
I lived and owned a Lawn mower shop in Grosse Tete just west of Port Allen where the live Tigers are at Tiger truck stop from 89 till 98...... Now my shop is here in Eunice La.

I am from Abbeville La. originally and there was a Delchamps store there at one time till Mr. Delchamp died and so says his son BLEW all the money away when he got control of it... His son maybe have been one of the good customers in the movie Blow...... So sad ..........

Sad to say no more stores and they had very good prices.... Mr. Delchamps was from Mobile Al.

txzrider2

Threads
I lived and owned a Lawn mower shop in Grosse Tete just west of Port Allen where the live Tigers are at Tiger truck stop from 89 till 98...... Now my shop is here in Eunice La.

I am from Abbeville La. originally and there was a Delchamps store there at one time till Mr. Delchamp died and so says his son BLEW all the money away when he got control of it... His son maybe have been one of the good customers in the movie Blow...... So sad ..........

Sad to say no more stores and they had very good prices.... Mr. Delchamps was from Mobile Al.
Yes I liked Delchamps... I got to know the mgr in denham springs well. I also installed some computer systems for another company a few years later down in Morgan City. I will say once you make friends down there... you will never lose them.

txzrider

Threads
So... As a follow-up, I have to quit bad mouthing my Briggs... Turned out the vibration was not the engine... It was the PTO! Some how the pin that keeps the PTO from turning got bent which let it spin on the shaft... It tore the wires loose and had I stopped it as soon as it happened, it would probably not hurt much. I feel pretty stupid, but will learn from it. I still may have to replace the eng and most likely the PTO as well.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Surly you only need to replace the engine pan......and the PTO.

Threads
I agree with Engine man........... Take everything off of the shaft of the engine and start it up... See if you have a vibration......

Then turn your shaft by hand and check to see if it's not bent....... All you might need is a sump cover..... Easy to change.....

I can look the part up for you if all is fine with the engine.........

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

txzrider

Threads
Thanks for the info, as well as all your previous help. I'll let you know when I get that darn PTO off.

txzrider2

Threads
So checking the engine after getting the pto off will be a good thing because it occurred to me the pto could have bent the pin that kept it from rotating while it was vibrating so badly... I may have to cut the pto off... it usually just slides on an off. When I get it off I will report back!

txzrider2

Threads
fyi I have struck out completely on removing the pto... I think I am going to have to make some sort of puller to get it off. Very annoyed!