58 volt echo battery

fishguy3

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, thanks for accepting me to this group. I started getting my lawn maintenance equipment ready for the spring and my Echo 58 volt battery for a push mower will not charge. Is this a common problem? Is there a fix for this and if there isn't is it worth it to buy a new battery or are they pretty well the same price as a new mower? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Mark

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
How old is this mower. On most Echo mowers the battery warranty is 5 years. Find your owners manual and check it before purchasing anything. If you can’t find it, post back and include model and serial numbers, plus date of purchase.

fishguy3

Forum Newbie
Threads
Perhaps is the charger? I just tried the second battery and it charges for a literally a second (the green light goes on) and then it goes to fault and the red light goes on. Not sure where to go now with this. I can find my original receipt but I don't think it is 5 years old yet.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you can find receipt I would say have it tested under warranty. That being said it may be best to have a repair shop check it out, as we’re talking expensive parts and you don’t want to buy what you don’t need.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sometimes you can put a load on the battery, equalize the cells some, and the charger will take off with it.