54” or 60”

Threads
Our club is nearly ready to choose a mower. I was sure that we would be getting a Toro Tin Max 60” but one of the members questioned transporting it for service. He said that his folks have a 60” and it won’t fit in a trailer. Our club will not have its own trailer so we’ll be dependent on U-Haul.
Opinions on this?
im a fan of 54ins

Cornfield

Threads
We bought a 60” from a local dealer that will pickup and deliver for services

ken2

Threads
I have a 32" and a 54". There are too many places a 60" would not fit around my farm.
If I had a 60" at the cemetery I mow. I would spend more time weed eating than mowing. This is why I have the 32" It's a tight fit between trees and flag poles and fences.

I would go with a 54"

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you do the maths the 6" difference means that the 54" deck would have to 10 pass to every 9 of the 60" which is SFA unless you are strait cutting 10+ acres .
Down side is they are hanging off the same width mower so the bigger deck will tilt more & scalp more when mowing rough ground or turning tight bends .

Silly city man buys 10 acres & goes to the mower shop.
Walks out with a 60" ride on, 21" self propelled & heavy brushcutter
He then spends 3 hours on the ride on 4 hours on the self propelled and another 2 hours on the brushcutter which is slowing crippling him .

He come to me & I loan him a 36" cox while I fix his 60" mower
I return the 60' mower but he wants to keep the 36" Fast Cut because with it he spends 4 hours on the ride on , 0.5 hours with the self propelled & 1 hour with the brushcutter .

It happens regularly, particulary right now as we have had 4 weeks of almost continual rain but 30 deg days so the grass is 2' long just about everywhere
The big decks will clog the chutes and require the owners to crawl at less than a walking pace while the Fast Cut will cut quite well at about 1/2 the normal mowing speed .