52 in deck belt diagram

bankershrs

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you so much! My middle rear lower idler pully failed and I am waiting on parts so I can reassemble (and replace belts too). This will help me easily get everything back where it belongs!
I also see it looks like you tied a shoe lace or something to help with pulling the belt tensioner release. I couldn't pull the tensioner to release the belt enough to get off PTO but had to remove left belt guard and take belt off there. I will give this a try when removing in the future.

Chuter

Threads
I also see it looks like you tied a shoe lace or something to help with pulling the belt tensioner release. I couldn't pull the tensioner to release the belt enough to get off PTO but had to remove left belt guard and take belt off there. I will give this a try when removing in the future.
It's parachute cord, but a shoelace should work just as well. I actually don't tie it on, just run it through, wrap both ends around my hand, and pull. It's a modification of how parachutes are closed. I 've thought about making a tool out of a piece of stiff wire with a hook on one end, and a wooden T handle at the other. But it hasn't risen to the top of my list, since this works, and allows me to grip enough or as little cord as needed to get a comfortable but effective pull.

Be sure to take it out after the deck is installed. I haven't tested, but I suspect bad things happen when (not if) it wraps into the belt and pulleys.