Mower deck 52' cut 20hp husqvarna

gstrick

Forum Newbie
The pulley shaft( right side) has eaten out the splines in the pulley and the shaft twice. I cant figure out why. Tightened it down as tight as I could. Everything seems to be level. has anyone has any experience with this or could tell me a possible fix?
 
Most of the ones that I have seen, were due to customers strikeing solid objects. I could also see a possible chance that the electric pto engagements, could create a shock load start leading to failure. Most of the ones that have come into the shop the shaft was undamaged, but rounded out the splines in the pulley.

Bearings failures can put slack in the pulley leading to failure also.
 
there should be a thick washer under the pulley on the shaft, washer, pulley, nut (55 lbs/ft) torque
 
Most of the ones that I have seen, were due to customers strikeing solid objects. I could also see a possible chance that the electric pto engagements, could create a shock load start leading to failure. Most of the ones that have come into the shop the shaft was undamaged, but rounded out the splines in the pulley.

Bearings failures can put slack in the pulley leading to failure also.

Thank for the quick reply. I will check all these components to see if there are any noticeable issues.
 
Back
Top