5024 lawnboy parts

redcheckr

Forum Newbie
I have a 5024 Lawn Boy 19" walk behind. Ser# 7,000 series. I have been looking for a cylinder, piston, rings, gasket set but have struck out. I feel that there must be some place parts are available as this is a real nice mower for trimming. Any help??
Thanks in advance for any information,
Redcheckr
Lancaster, OH
 
There are two ways to approach the parts problem.

The way I do it is to look for old mowers on my local CraigsList. I've currently got three Lawn-Boys just for parts... and I'm always looking for more if the price is right.

The second way is to look online. You have a D-series engine. Some major parts (pistons for example) are hard to find and OEM parts can be very expensive. However, almost anything can be had on eBay. There's a thread in the Lawn-Boy forum (near the top now) discussing availability and pricing of D-series pistons.

Here's the good news for you: Ohio (and the midwest in general) is a great place to hunt for old Lawn-Boys. You're close to the source. Not nearly as many of those fine machines made it down to Georgia back in the day. :laughing:
 
Thanks for the info. I have used Craigslist but no good at the moment. It is always in flux. Same w/ E-bay. I'll keep looking but thanks for the info and the time to reply.
Best regards,
Redcheckr



There are two ways to approach the parts problem.

The way I do it is to look for old mowers on my local CraigsList. I've currently got three Lawn-Boys just for parts... and I'm always looking for more if the price is right.

The second way is to look online. You have a D-series engine. Some major parts (pistons for example) are hard to find and OEM parts can be very expensive. However, almost anything can be had on eBay. There's a thread in the Lawn-Boy forum (near the top now) discussing availability and pricing of D-series pistons.

Here's the good news for you: Ohio (and the midwest in general) is a great place to hunt for old Lawn-Boys. You're close to the source. Not nearly as many of those fine machines made it down to Georgia back in the day. :laughing:
 
Links dont work when using firefox or chrome. The tulsa warehouse site I can get on is tulsa engine warehouse site.

I use firefox and chrome, no problem.

Let me walk you through the selection process.

Go to Tulsa Engine Warehouse site. (tewarehouse.com)

From menu at left side of page, select small engine parts.

From this, select Lawn Boy

From this window select internal engine parts.

There are 2 piston and ring, and separate ring listings.

One pair of listings is for "F" engines, the other is for "D" engines
It says what engine each is for, if you click on the more info button.
 
Back
Top