5 HP Tecumseh Snowblower Motor?

Dreamen

Threads
I really appreciate all the input. Took apart again today, cleaned, wired and blew out every port. Seat and needle valve look good. I hook up the gas line and take bowl off and hold the float to make sure the needle valve seats. I have no gas running out the carb or drips anywhere. Oil is fine. It started right up, surged a bit, but with a little high speed adj it smoothed right out. It is a touchy needle valve from most of the tecumseh I have. This is a beater, one rusty blower, I think it has seen little use as wear pads have little wear. But it blows snow!! I have not adj the low speed only opened it up 3/4 turn. Does not seem to do much. Not often that you are running at low speed. How do you check the rpm. To me it seems to run much slower at full throttle than any other blowers I have.
Thanks Again.

d_sharier

Threads
The low speed screw should change the pitch of the engine when manipulated. If you set the throttle to the low position and manipulate the screw and it doesn't change, then something is not right.

The rpm has to be checked with a tachometer. There are several variation that work. The most cost effective is a vibra-tach. Briggs markets on for about $25. It works great.