5 HP CRAFTSMAN edger engine muffler is loud and leaks from crack in middle

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / 5 HP CRAFTSMAN edger engine muffler is loud and leaks from crack in middle
Any type f solvent or fuel will cause the filter to disintegrate. Hot soapy water works best.
if so the filter was at the end of its life. I can see where acetone or MEK would do that but not oil based products.

Craftsman Garage

Threads
ok, thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
All off road motorcycle shops sell foam filter cleaners
The ones mixed with water like a detergent are the best value
I use hair shampoo which seems to work really well at 50% and rinses out without damage .
I do them when I shower unless it gets very busy

Craftsman Garage

Threads
All off road motorcycle shops sell foam filter cleaners
The ones mixed with water like a detergent are the best value
I use hair shampoo which seems to work really well at 50% and rinses out without damage .
I do them when I shower unless it gets very busy
hahahahahahaha

Craftsman Garage

Threads
what brand of sparkplug do you prefer to buy? i have decided to do an outer rebuild of the engine.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
what brand of sparkplug do you prefer to buy? i have decided to do an outer rebuild of the engine.
I don't know why but this is just me,
I usually put NGK's in Japanese engines (Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha etc.) Most common are BPR5ES or 6ES
Briggs and Kohlers etc i put Champion plugs in. most common for me are RC12YC and J19LM

Craftsman Garage

Threads
I don't know why but this is just me,
I usually put NGK's in Japanese engines (Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha etc.) Most common are BPR5ES or 6ES
Briggs and Kohlers etc i put Champion plugs in. most common for me are RC12YC and J19LM
ok, for me the most common sparkplug is champion H10C, I have quite a few JDs with those shakin' kohlers hahaha

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have found that Champions seem to give less problems in 2 strokes
So I use NGK's in most 4 strokes & Champions in most 2 strokes unless the customer specifies a particular plug brand
I also stock Bosh plugs as I got a good deal on 400 of them .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I am probably drive the other techs crazy now that I replacing the NGK BPR5ES and 6ES with NGK BKR5ES and 6ES. Just reduces my stocking both plugs. They are same plug just need a different tool. And I don't even stock the Champion RC12YC as the BKR5ES are the NGK replacement.

I just had a Honda engine that BPR5ES was causing the socket to jam when I install the plug so the BKR5ES went in its place.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
What's different between the BPR and BKR? different hex size?