5 acres with bumps I don't want junk

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Being an old school guy, that's what a Gravely should be. Did I read it right, the deck is 7 ga. steel?

Yard Slave

Threads
I think 7 gauge is correct. I think this ad is the same mower with zero hours from different seller. Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 3.07.27 PM.png

cruzenmike

Threads
Any Toro or Exmark with the suspension platform would work. You can find them in your price range. My stepdad has the ferris is2100 and it is a MONSTER! Spent under $10k and does very nicely for him. While I am somewhat of a fan of Ferris, I still believe that the Toro/Exmark would be a better machine quality-wise and the suspension platforms have a lot of adjustability. Hell, you could get into something for around $6-7k that would do what you need, be comfortable and last you many many years!

Mower Frank

Threads
Congratulations on your purchase. While reading through the post, I was going to recommend the Gravely ProTurn Series. It's part of the commercial line, which means heavy duty deck, pumps and other parts. Not to mention a very comfortable seat with suspension. I've had a ProTurn 148 for about 3 yrs. and love everything about it.

Yard Slave

Threads
Congratulations on your purchase. While reading through the post, I was going to recommend the Gravely ProTurn Series. It's part of the commercial line, which means heavy duty deck, pumps and other parts. Not to mention a very comfortable seat with suspension. I've had a ProTurn 148 for about 3 yrs. and love everything about it.
Thanks. Only used it once for about an hour. Today we have been trimming low branches so we won't have to deal with them when mowing. It sure seems like a well built machine.