44P777 Engine Pulley

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

Threads
If it started to bend, then it's probably already bent too much.

View attachment 66483
I have one that we spent 13 hours removing it in pieces. I wish OEM's would use never seize on these. It came in pieces and I suggest you order one now. I redirect prior comments in this fashion. 1) get a can of freeze 2) EVEN A PROPANE WILL HELP 3) heat pulley then hit crankshaft with freeze it or if you cannot find it, hit shaft with spray of water or if fire can be controlled, low flammable solvent. This temp difference gives shink/expance differences and at that moment try best methods to get pulley off. repeat till success or you get the new pulley in hand hand get really involved!!!!!!!!!!

Old fiddler

Threads
HUSQVARNA Ez5426 zero turn
Briggs 44P777

I'm trying to pull the motor and this pulley will not come off. It runs the hydraulic pumps for the steering. It's above the clutch.

There is a keyway, am I missing a set screw? I didn't see any on the schematic. I've tried a puller, PB Blaster, and an air hammer. I don't have a welder or torch.

Any tips or tricks?
You can try heating up the pulley shaft (enough to melt wax) and not enough to mess up the seal, take the heat away, and put a candle above the pulley to melt a candle down the shaft - the wax usually goes down the shaft and helps release the pulley with a lot less effort required- I know it sounds crazy, but it worked a few times on a transaxle pulley I could not get off
I hope it works for you