44N8770019G1 Throttle Issue

unbreakable

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is on a Husqvarna YTH24V54, people ran it till it wouldn’t run, had someone replace the fuel solenoid and said it wouldn’t stay running after that. I found the throttle cable was put back into the wrong hole on the bracket so I fixed that, and it starts and runs but the throttle will not change the speed of the engine. I have checked the governor and the springs, and all seem to be in the right place and working properly.

Tonight, I took off the carb and am cleaning it up, any other places I can look to try and narrow down the cause?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Is the engine running at idle or mid throttle or full throttle. That info would assist in direction of problem. Are you certain the throttle was installed incorrectly. If the carb has been removed are the carb linkages installed correctly. Will the engine change speed of your manually move the throttle on the carb.

unbreakable

Forum Newbie
Threads
Runs above mid throttle, nearly full throttle, I've looked at seveal pictures of how the linkages are supposed to look including the throttle cable (it does not attach to the carb). When it's cold it seems to idle a bit slower but as it warms up, the engine speed increases.

DaveTN

Threads
What does it do when you remove the linkage and manually turn the throttle?
Sounds like something in the linkage or governor not responding to throttle spring
tension. I’d go thru the linkages again. If it throttles up manually by moving the throttle
plate by hand and not by the throttle linkage, the carb is ok. Wondering if someone
tampered w/ the governor?

Last edited:

unbreakable

Forum Newbie
Threads
What does it do when you remove the linkage and manually turn the throttle?
Sounds like something in the linkage or governor not responding to throttle spring
tension. I’d go thru the linkages again. If it throttles up manually by moving the throttle
plate by hand and not by the throttle linkage, the carb is ok. Wondering if someone
tampered w/ the governor?
The throttle cable is not directly attached to the carb, it attaches to a bracket under the carb and there is one spring that attaches to the governor (small spring). The governor lever attaches directily to the carburetor, and I have manually made it idle down by moving this toward the idle adjustment screw on the carb and the engine slows down, but if I hold it there, it tries to die.

I have checked the governor and confirmed that it is turned all the way clockwise to the stop, but I can't help but wonder if maybe this engine requires the adjustment be made counterclockwise.

I wish I could get pictures of someone's Husqvarna mower like this so I can verify the linkages and springs, that at least would tell me what might be wrong.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When you move the throttle on the carb what the governor arm and check to see what direction the shaft rotates when the throttle is moved from idle to full speed. That is the direction that the governor shaft needs to turn to set static governor position.

So if the governor arm moves down then the shaft turns clockwise. and if the governor arm moves up then the shaft turns counterclockwise.

unbreakable

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, I think I have it figured out, swapped around the two governor springs and made sure again that I had the governor adjusted properly and now the throttle works, but I ran out of gas so i gotta deal with that tomorrow but at least I’m moving in the right direction. Thanks to all for the help.