425 mower deck

gmacmopar

Threads
My 425 John Deere is not running and I am wondering how to get the mower deck out. The deck is on the ground but I can't start it to raise the hydraulics to clear the tractor.

Thanks

gmacmopar

Threads
Yes I have been trying to figure that out also but some people on here think my cam is bad or my flywheel key is sheared but it will not fire at all just blows gas and air out of the top of the carb.

gmacmopar

Threads
Well yes if I can get it out of the small shed it is in. I had this given to me because the previous owner could not get it running. It is in a small shed and I can't even figure out how to get it in neutral to push it outside to get the deck off.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hook a chain around it with other end to your truck, car, etc., not bumpers, but axle, frame, etc. something solid & drag it out. SAFETY FIRST, keep people away while doing this.

Specifications
"K&T Parts House Lawn Mower Parts and Chain Saw & Trimmer Parts" your engine is FD620D seven down, click, & click again at bottom left of screen for your engine manual, see troubleshooting, section 8.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think some day U be needing at least an operator's manual for a 425 and it's looking like today is the day. :smile:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I think some day U be needing at least an operator's manual for a 425 and it's looking like today is the day. :smile:
Don't normally do a "me too" but yes these are a tad on the complicated side particularly with the wiring, lots of relays and interlocks.
Think I bought mine from <trade bits.com> about $ 30 as a download.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
The deck is on the ground. The tractor is in the shed. U got me doin a hellofah bunch of guessing.

Put a piece of plywood behind the tractor up under the hitch no matter what the tractor/deck is on, dirt , wood , gravel or other. Put a floor jack on the plywood and jack the rear up. Roll the jack and tractor out. The front wheels should roll free and it won't need to be in N. When the jack hits dirt re-position the plywood.

gmacmopar

Threads
Ok will give it try I was hoping there was a neutral or something but I guess your right I will eventually have to have a manual this shed is very small and the tractor barely fits into it. I don't want to tear up this guy's shed so I will try to get the help from someone to kind of steer it as it goes out. If anybody has any other solutions feel free to let me have them.

Thanks