42" Raptor x blades

tuffxf

Threads
original 607564 blades.jpgmed hi lift 7632175 blades.jpg

G,day,
Chasing some opinions on blades if you don't mind.
I mow my own 2 1/4 acres only, usually every 2 weeks when we've had rain, i have the mower blades set at about 2 3/4" inches
As per the pics the original blades p/no. 607564 i changed out at 60 hours, they didnt go too bad.
next set were hustler 7632175 medium or hi lift blades they got changed at 40 hours, didn't really seem to cut any better just made heaps more dust! central qld here , can be very dry and dusty, maybe thats why they lasted worse than the original as pulling up more dust?
I replaced them with a hustler gator style blade, p/no 794230, they have so far done about 30 hours and still look good, however i'm not sold on cut quality , still leaves stragglers even when going steady.

Not a show quality lawn by any means, is pretty flat and i do pick up sticks before i mow, i see xht have a std replacement B1EM1840, any opinions or whats the general consensus?
I just through out the side of the deck, used to have a cox ride on tractor that to be honest had far better cut quality, but will never go back, so much quicker now and more fun!
Thanks very much!
Cheers
Paul

Last edited:

tuffxf

Threads
G,day Mark,
Yes have been doing heaps of searching, lots of choices and lots of varied opinions especially when you're pushing a product.
Interested in an end users opinion or from people that service these things.
Cheers

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Those blades show signs of wear caused by sandy soil. Missing sections of the wings tell me they should have been replaced at 20 or 30 hours and you are lucky no pieces of the blade came flying off hurting someone. Also looks like they were never removed and sharpened. Maintenance on this unit has definitely been over looked.

tuffxf

Threads
No kidding dick tracy!
This is central qld, lucky to have green grass!
I mow an acreage, no one else besides me and yes thanks the mower is well maintained, my queries were about cut quality, that's it!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Mower may be well maintained, but those blades were not. Those blades tell the story of why you have a poor quality of cut. Good sharp blades are needed for a good quality of cut. If you were just cutting green grass the blades would not wear like that after 100 hours.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The blades are a expendable wear item just your vehicle tires. Different mowing condition will wear the blades differently. Even gator blade with added carbide wear out.

Dry condition allows more debris to pickup wearing the cutting edges quicker. Also different blades are made differently some are softer than others.

And what I read is the down under area is rocky to start with; hence, all the swing back blade mowers.