42" Raptor Fuel Elbow

Papphy1949

Forum Newbie
Threads
The plastic elbow in the fuel tank of my 42" Raptor broke off where it goes into the pickup tube. I finally found a parts diagram and it does not show the elbow or the grommet as separate parts. Do they expect me to lay out $150 or so to replace a $5 piece of plastic? when the mower was new the pickup tube was defective and the dealer was able to replace it even though it didn't show up as a separate part.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
What is the six digit model number so I am looking at the same part?

Papphy1949

Forum Newbie
Threads
My model # is 937847. I called a local Hiustler dealer this morning. The elbow still isn't available alone but it is available as a combination package including the grommet and pickup tube. All new parts for about $31. The Austin dealer has 2 locations doesn't have one. (They moved from Austin to Buda recently and don't have the parts department stocked yet,) The north store has it in stock and are sending it to the south store so I should have it tomorrow.

As a backup I had found similar elbows, both plastic and metal, that are used on most Ski-Doo's and some Cam-Am's. I would have had to take my broken elbow to a shop and compare to make sure they would fit but they looked promising.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That what I finding on the price but just wanted to sure we were on the same page. IPL shows the kit to be pn 605126K. Usually these are fair hard to reassemble if taken apart.

Just remember the once the old parts are removed the new grommet is installed by itself first and the pickup is installed which why provide a lube for doing it.
1706558259355.png

Papphy1949

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the tip on installation. My son is doing the work. I'll pass it along to him.

Papphy1949

Forum Newbie
Threads
New carb, fuel pump, filter and elbow/grommet/pickup tube. Replaced the filter on the tank pressure relief lines. New air filter. Still not picking up fuel.

??????????????????????

We're lost.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
New carb, fuel pump, filter and elbow/grommet/pickup tube. Replaced the filter on the tank pressure relief lines. New air filter. Still not picking up fuel.

??????????????????????

We're lost.
Are the fuel lines routed correctly? Have you tried swapping the three lines around? Have you removed fuel line from fuel pump to carburetor and cranked engine over to confirm you are getting good strong pulses of fuel?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Also note a lot of the after market fuel in the last year has been defective right out of the packaging. Plus the FR651 uses a slight different a arrangement on the pump.

Generic IPL of the FR651V shows a 49040-0802 pump. Yours might be different depending the actual spec number.

1706706122210.png
Please note there have been a few cases where the installer forgot to remove the shipping dust/trash caps off some of inlet tubes causing pumps not to work until these are removed.

Also make sure the fuel lines are not plugged.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And the Stens 520-444 appears to be replacement pump. Here is an image showing the trash caps indicated by the red boxes.
1706724743814.png

Papphy1949

Forum Newbie
Threads
Tiger Smal Engine, I'm not getting ANY fuel through the pump or even into the filter.

Star Tech, I'll ask him but I'm sure my son would pull the dust caps if there were any on the pump. I did take a look and the lines are routed right. I checked the listing on Amazon. The carb is listed as being for the FR651V engine, but it says the pump is a 49240-7001. Don't know if that makes a difference. May put the old pump back on and see what happens.