Repairs 4 stroke B&S 6hp readystart - How much is too much oil?

Hi all, new here, couldn't find a thread on above topic so apologies for possible duplication. My question is fairly basic. I have just changed oil for first time. The dipstick says to put in 591ml of oil. I put in 600ml which was the entire container of briggs and stratton oil. When it settled down I noticed the level of oil is above the max on dipstick. Its only 9mls over. My question is will this do any engine damage?
 
WELCOME to LMF...

You are only .015 over filled... Not enough to be concerned about...
That is less than a Half ounce over... That will be perfect... :smile:KennyV
 
Thanks a mill guys its a new machine and havent had a 4 stroke before. I have a retired 2 stroke 1990 mountfield with suzuki engine that you could pretty much put anything into and it would keep going. They dont make them like that anymore
 
It won't do any damage. It may smoke a little bit for a wee while, but nothing will happen to the engine at all.

Don't worry, it happens to us all!
 
Thanks a mill guys its a new machine and havent had a 4 stroke before. I have a retired 2 stroke 1990 mountfield with suzuki engine that you could pretty much put anything into and it would keep going. They dont make them like that anymore
Ah, you have a Mountfield! Good mowers those, I bought myself a brand new one earlier this year. Most reliable Lawn Mower I've ever owned.
 
Yeah savage machine alright, will really dig in heels before dying in long wet grass. Mine had old pullstart which was slow to get going but once it did it was lethal. I still have it but wanted something safer with kids around and my eldest now starting to cut. I have it on youtube under mountfield mower or suzuki mower or possibly rover mower. Loaded by Dochasiontach
 
Back
Top