Repairs 345 Seat Question

Darrel

Threads
I have a 345 John Deere seat that is coming apart and was wondering what to do to fix it . The seat is still in good condition not cracked or anything .It is coming apart from the yellow plastic to the black base it has some type of glue it lookes like that holds it into the base . The glue is dried out and is letting the seat pull away from the base.About 90% has pulled loose . I hate to spend a $100.00 for a replacement seat when this one is still in very usable shape. I was going to buy some Gorilla Glue and try it but it is not recomended for plastic. Also thanks for all the responces I have received on the 345 dust issue . This is a great sight. Thanks Again

noma

Threads
Hi Darrel

Is that seat sewed or glued, if its sewed you might find a repair shop that fixes shoe and hand bags and things and they could sew it and fix it that way. That gorilla glue would work i think maybe Elmers (nano) might work to, the hard part is going to be clamping it togeather while it dryes. If you got a lot of those smaller spring clamps will work do a section at a time maybe . Good luck

jd335

Threads
i have atempted to fix these seats they will stay a little while and there loose again the problem is the black ring that goes around the seat has so much dried glue in it that you can't get a good fit to put it back and i could not get the old glue out of the ring or gasket with out damage it.

Moparkid13

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wher can you get that black strip I have a seat that has came completely off. If it had a strip it is gone now.