316 John deere service manual

Hello all. I have just got a John Deere 316 ( 1978 ) and I am also in need of a service manual download. Can someone help me out? Email ( [email protected] ) Thanks!

Hey, Thanks Joe. The service manual you sent was for the later 316/318/420 machines but I needed that because I will be getting one when I have the $$$. The 1978 316 is just a renamed 300 series tractor because they wanted to introduce a new smaller size/horsepower 312 & 314 series and a 317 series, earlier Kohler powered 316's are completely different from the later Onan powered 316/318 & 420's. I guess I should of ask for a 300 series service manual and that would of covered it because they are supposed to be the same, >300/316<, my mistake. That service manual covers the 300/312/314/316 and the 317. Anyway, >>> THANK YOU JOE <<< for the later one. I have been bitten by the John Deere bug and I now have a JD 108 & JD 116 & 2 JD 185's & 1978 JD316 + a Craftsman 1000 & old Wheel-Horse & MTD something. Thanks again, Joe...!!! Jack
 
Hello,

I know this is an old thread but I am looking for the 1978 JD 316 manual. The link that is posted above is for the 316 with the Onan's engine from the 1980's. If this is still available or if any of the members who have a PDF copy I would appreciate getting my hands on one. Thank you, my email is [email protected].

Thanks,

John
 
Back
Top