312-8 Wheel Horse, rewireing

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
One of my clients that I deliver home meals to that lives in a wheel chair has a Wheel Horse that all wiring has been cut off all the safety switches. He hates using it that way because he said if he ever fell off it, it would keep going and who knows what would happen. :confused2: I told him if he helped pay for parts I will give him the labor free to rewire this mower. He is having me pick it up this week end. I am hoping I can repair the old wiring harness, because if I can even find a new wiring harness it would be big $$$. I can't image why a repair shop would remove all the safety switch's on a mower for a man who lives in wheel chair uses. I would say someone who doesn't know what they are doing. He told me he bought the mower new so I know a repair shop had to do this to his mower and took advantage of him. :mad:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well I ran into a big snag on this job. The person that repaired this wheel chair bound person's mower replaced the seat. The old seat has a pressure switch built into it and the replacement seat has no way to install this switch. The way the seat is mounted I just can't think of a way to install a seat switch. The proper fix would be to install a OEM seat, but this person is living off the county and I was hoping to keep the cost down. When I get a chance I will go to the salvage yard and see what I can find. I am sure open for suggestions if anyone has them. Wheel Horse 312-8 model 73362 serial # 4900492

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I did get a seat switch to work with the help of the local Wheel Horse dealer. Very good dealer who isn't afraid to help someone. Believe or not there are some good dealers out there. I mounted two springs on the seat frame, now when the seat is sat on it activates a push button switch which I mounted in the chassis. When off the seat the two springs push the frame away from the switch push button turning it off.