300E Yard Machines Mower not working with muliple fixes

dtorres1671

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 300E Yard Machines Mower not working with muliple fixes
Hello everyone
So about 3 weeks ago my mower was running great. The following week it would not start. Watched multiple YouTube videos on possible issues. I got a new spark plug , air filter and changed the oil. Also saw that a dirty carburetor was typically the cause for the mower not to run. I took it a part and cleaned it. Not sure the correct name but the white plastic M looking thing I took a thin piece of wire and made sure nothing was blocking any of the cylinders. Before I finished putting everything back together I ran some gas through the gas tank and made sure it was cleaned.

Ok so all put back together I put little gas into it and primed it 3x. 1st pull it started and ran like a champ. After a minute turned it off and put more gas to cut the lawn. It would not start again. Luckily my neighbor let me borrow his. I ordered a new carburetor and got it this week. It fitted perfectly on the mower. It still does not start. Does anyone have any thoughts on the issue or what else I should be looking at? Appreciate any help.

Thanks

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Several engines have been used on mowers. Could you provide the model number of the mower from the tag, and also the model number of the engine so we can narrow down our possible issues that could be afoot.

dtorres1671

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hope this is the correct info.
Model # 11A-02BT729
Engine# 08P5020055F1

Attachments

• 20220618_174058.jpg
    20220618_174058.jpg
    877.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220618_174009.jpg
    20220618_174009.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 1

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
3 things are needed for an engine to run. Spark. Compression and an appx air to fuel ratio.

You need to figure out which is missing. Do you know how to do each?

dtorres1671

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have no idea. Any little nudge in the right direction is appreciated. I am sure once I know what to look for I can find it on the web. Thanks

Farmer Jean

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just had this same issue on a mower 10 days ago. It turns out the engine was fine but the safety cable was barely engaging. It looked like it was working but the connection was minimal at best even with the safety bar fully engaged.

I didn't have to replace it, some cleaning of the gunk near the cable connection, motor end, did the trick.

dtorres1671

Forum Newbie
Threads
I checked this morning and when I hold down the safety handle it does pull the cord so the lever moves. Sorry I do not know the names for the parts. I did clean the parts but the mower still does not start. Appreciate the respond.