$300 budget for Gas Trimmer and Edger

RuckU2

Threads
If you had $300 to buy a gas trimmer/edger at Homedepot, what would you buy?

deminin

Threads
I just looked at the HD website, and the only brand they sell that I would buy is Echo. If you have a Stihl dealer nearby, check them out before you buy.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you had $300 to buy a gas trimmer/edger at Homedepot, what would you buy?
What's the nature of the edging you're wanting to do? Turf/flower bed edge, asphalt, concrete, other?

RuckU2

Threads
I just looked at the HD website, and the only brand they sell that I would buy is Echo. If you have a Stihl dealer nearby, check them out before you buy.

Problem is, for Christmas I was given gift cards for Home depot

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check out the Echo Combi unit PAS225-VP, our Home Depot price $299. Good quality unit. Keep watching for a month or two, will probably go on sale.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mostly concrete.
In that case, I concur with Rivets. A bladed edger for concrete edges is the way to go, but not something you'd want to do with asphalt. Edging well with a string trimmer requires a lot of practice and developed skills. With this package you get both a trimmer and edger and the ability to add other tools down the road.

Last edited:

RuckU2

Threads
That's the one I have been looking at. Waiting on the sale, should be February early March

ggflyer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’ve had an Echo SMR 210 , straight shaft, for over 10 years and it still runs great. Most lawn service companies use either Echo or Stihl. Both are great.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm still running my Shindaiwa T235, almost 6 yrs now.. Advantage over the echo to me is: Solid shaft instead of cable.