27hp v twin dead cylinder

stryker6040

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bringing this topic back from the dead, the motor is again not running smooth with the PTO engaged, and is leaking oil again from the oil filter side of the engine. I am at my wits end with this tractor. the updated sump gasket and crank seal where just installed on this earlier this year when the governor decided to let go, after all of that was taken care of we had a dead cylinder which turned out to be a push rod valve that had backed out and after fixing that it ran good for a bit and is acting up again now. Also the card was replaced due to the fact it was cheap to replace the entire carb vs doing a rebuild kit.

since this engine has a larger than normal crank shaft which affecting the drive pulley and pto pulley is there a retro fit engine that can be put on this so a good frame and trans does not get left behind?

Tinkerer200

Threads
44 series engines run all the way from 22 hp to ? Basically the same, different label. I am suspicious about both push rods being off.

Walt Conner

Romore

Threads
Did you remove the blower housing and clean the grass clippings/mouse nests from the cooling fins? It may be overheating causing the rocker stud to loosen and back out.

Tinkerer200

Threads
Did you remove the blower housing and clean the grass clippings/mouse nests from the cooling fins? It may be overheating causing the rocker stud to loosen and back out.

As above, I said both push rods being off is suspicious and something caused it, perhaps above, perhaps a valve guide has slipped up. Should not be more than 1/8" above head casting. IF valve guide has slipped, I have a fix, address below, put in proper format and remind me engine model number and what you want.

Walt Conner
wconner5 at frontier dot com