24hp Briggs Intek won't start

I was running my Husqvarna 24v48 the other day, fuel was running low, and it quit. So I hunted up some fuel, found my can, but unbeknownst to me my Wife had filled my GAS can with farm diesel for the tractor :D . I started to pour and stopped immediately when I saw red fuel coming out. I don't think that is my problem but just thought I would mention the minuscule amount of diesel fuel.

I filled the tank with gasoline and tried to crank it; nothing. So I figured maybe trash was in the carburetor. Tore into the breather and discovered the filter had been leaking and the carburetor was full of dirt. I removed the carburetor, cleaned it meticulously with carb cleaner, toothbrush, air and rebuilt it with new gaskets, float valve and a new solenoid. Cleaned out the breather housing and the intake manifold, installed new fuel lines, new filter, new fuel pump, new plugs and checked them for spark. The plugs are sparking and the clean carburetor is getting fresh gas but she still won't start.
 
spray some carburetor cleaner through the throat or "venturi", and see if it fires, if it does fuel is not getting THROUGH your carburetor. probably a small clogged hole in a jet or float level set improperly....
whats the engine model number?
 
spray some carburetor cleaner through the throat or "venturi", and see if it fires, if it does fuel is not getting THROUGH your carburetor. probably a small clogged hole in a jet or float level set improperly....
whats the engine model number?

OR that new solenoid you installed is not working. Does it click when key is turned on? Don't know why you would replace that unless known bad.

Walt Conner
 
OR that new solenoid you installed is not working. Does it click when key is turned on? Don't know why you would replace that unless known bad.

Walt Conner
The solenoid was the last thing i replaced because nothing else had worked. Can't tell if it's clicking until I get someone over hear to turn the key for me.
 
Last edited:
spray some carburetor cleaner through the throat or "venturi", and see if it fires, if it does fuel is not getting THROUGH your carburetor. probably a small clogged hole in a jet or float level set improperly....
whats the engine model number?
It didn't respond to the carburetor cleaner.
 
I'm looking into checking the flywheel key. One video says to remove a plug, thread in some rope which will jam the piston, allowing resistance to twist the nut off the crankshaft....is that OK to do?
 
Back
Top