2315 cutting issues

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No, just might to check it after a couple of cuttings, to see if it is running true. Please tell me you got OEM belt?

Handy Honda

Threads
No, just might to check it after a couple of cuttings, to see if it is running true. Please tell me you got OEM belt?
yes all back to normal just a question if you dont mind I had to replace an inline fuel filter the small transparent type and since then the mower is running perfectly but why can I see little or no fuel in the filter I thought it should be full all the time

msto3040

Forum Newbie
Threads
Rivets thank you all seems to be coming together do you have any clue as to how the vacum blade engage system works
Hi HH,
I've got a similar Q with my 2315. There's almost no tension on the cable connected to the spring that is says to tighten in manual when blades aren't engaging (see pic)spring.jpg. Is this a similar issue to yours? Did it end up being the vacuum system? The cable runs into some sort of tank just underneath the bodywork/seat on the right side. Is that part of the vacuum system?

The belt doesn't really get going at all when I slide the cutting lever up to cut and the blades seem unable to engage. Just wondering if this is a possible self-fix for an amateur. Trying to get a service at the moment aint easy. Thanks

Handy Honda

Threads
Hi HH,
I've got a similar Q with my 2315. There's almost no tension on the cable connected to the spring that is says to tighten in manual when blades aren't engaging (see pic)View attachment 52311. Is this a similar issue to yours? Did it end up being the vacuum system? The cable runs into some sort of tank just underneath the bodywork/seat on the right side. Is that part of the vacuum system?

The belt doesn't really get going at all when I slide the cutting lever up to cut and the blades seem unable to engage. Just wondering if this is a possible self-fix for an amateur. Trying to get a service at the moment aint easy. Thanks
Yes limited knowledge but the cable should be loose when not engaged when you slide lever up does the spring tension any amount the tank under wheel arch is actuator or vacum switch connected to white ank under hood via lever on dash that must have air flow to get cable to work

Handy Honda

Threads
Some times you’ll see very little fuel in the filter.
Rivets im still having probs with this and repair shop not taking in at min its got to be some carb issue the mower cuts fine but it surges in speed in drive as if its getting fuel in short bursts any help app

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check to see if the fuel line is partially plugged. Might be the cause of low fuel in filter and surging.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
yes all back to normal just a question if you dont mind I had to replace an inline fuel filter the small transparent type and since then the mower is running perfectly but why can I see little or no fuel in the filter I thought it should be full all the time

Some filters have the in & out tubes right at their very ends and these will always fill right up with no air
On others , usually the ones that have a cone shaped element, the out tube extends into the filter body almost to the far end of the fliter element.
Thus you get air trapped in the dead end of the filter
Some times it will eventually work it's way out some times it won't

Handy Honda

Threads
Check to see if the fuel line is partially plugged. Might be the cause of low fuel in filter and surging.
I replaced fuel line from the tank to filter with new metric pipe which is .35 mm smaller than oem 1/4 inch pipe during this took off pipe from pump to carb turned engine over and it pumps in continuous short bursts but not stopping should the pump actually pump at constant flow could it be loosing pressure or getting worn its vacum pump in this model I also dropped float chamber a little bit to release any pressure or water that may be there drained float chamber cleaned spark plugs 1 was dirty and wet other was perfect im not confident enough to remove carb to clean jets..