21 hp brigs VTwin

grumpyman12

Forum Newbie
I Have a 21 hp brigs on my 48 inch poulon pro 0turn. It's 5 years old and I can't figure out if the started has Gond bad or if it's something worse. The stater turns but not while on the mower. It try's but can't turn it over. New battery on there. The starter cost $100. I afraid to buy it if the motor is bad.
 
I Have a 21 hp brigs on my 48 inch poulon pro 0turn. It's 5 years old and I can't figure out if the started has Gond bad or if it's something worse. The stater turns but not while on the mower. It try's but can't turn it over. New battery on there. The starter cost $100. I afraid to buy it if the motor is bad.
Can you turn the engine over by hand?
Will the starter crank the engine if you pull the spark plugs out?

If yes them I would adjust the valves if you can on your engine.

Others will also be able to help if you post the engine model numbers
 
image-422007212.jpg

Here is the engine model number. Yes I can turn it by hand and when the plugs are out the starter can turn the engine over but makes an awful sown doing it. The valves have been checked and they are correct.
 
Back
Top