Mower deck 21" Citation ztr blades slow why down while cutting.

Rhlufa65os

Forum Newbie
Threads
Noticed this the last cut last fall. While cutting my grass I noticed that while my mower rpm's stay the same that the mower deck belt and blades slow way down after an hour of cutting. I thought it was a dirty air filter and changed that. While cutting today it did the same thing and could not cut. Turned mower off for a few restarted and it cut normal again for about 10 minutes then the deck slowed down again, any ideas?..

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I think it is time to change the belt. Before doing so check the spindle assemblies. The bearing maybe getting hot and seizing up.

Rhlufa65os

Forum Newbie
Threads
I think it is time to change the belt. Before doing so check the spindle assemblies. The bearing maybe getting hot and seizing up.

Thanks Rivets! This may also explain why in the past year the belt has been comming off the spindles. It has only happened when my wife was cutting though...LoL She has seen your reply and feels vindicated. I will also confess that I have not lubed the greese fittings in a year or two....the last time I changed the belt was 5 years ago and this is a mower I have had 8 years and have only had to change the belt once.

I will greese the deck in the morning and see what happens then change the belt....I'll let you know, Thanks Alot! Ray