Thank you. I saw this as well. So, instead of replacing the oil through the Fill Port Plug, I can use the pump with the Top Port Plug (which is easier to access).![]()
Commercial Transaxle Oil Service Kits - Hydro-Gear
Our commercial transaxle oil service kits contain everything you need to optimize the performance and extend the life of your commercial machine's transaxles.www.hydro-gear.com
I do not. My serial number has a T in the 13th position. This means mine has internal expansion tanks correct?Do you have External expansion tanks connected to each hydro ?
I do not. My serial number has a T in the 13th position. Mine are same, Internal Expansion units This means mine or internal expansion tanks correct? That is correct..
My understanding is if I did have an external, I remove the filter to drain the oil. Regardless, you drain oil from them by removing the oil filters (If they have never been off, then can be VERY tight to remove). & have yer drain pan there & ready. Forget about External, just focus on Internal Expansion units.. Less confusing. Removing the fill level (Top port plug) plugs is not that hard, get under yer machine & remove them, mine took 11/16" box wrench.
Because mine does not, that is what I am trying to determine. This fill port plug was my approach but your suggestion of using the pump may be easier. Either way, the side plugs MUST be removed to know it is full.
I am reading your post and the manual. Your comments about 16 oz being short of using a gallon for both units are interesting. Based on my serial number, digit 7 and 13, is states that 56.6 oz for each unit is full. That aligns with your numbers as well.Yes take yer time & read it all. Merry Christmas![]()