2022 BB Maverick Deck Issue

lugbolt

Threads
cutting while wet or damp is the usual cause of this. Second most common is mowing at part throttle. It has to be full throttle wide open to cut grass and no exception. I like to see 3450-3600 RPM with no load on the engine (blades turned off) at operating temp. Often the bad boy mowers will be lower than that, a lot of the older ZT's were 3000-3150 and that just plain sucked. Crank them up to 3550 or so (hot) and the mower comes alive.

if you have to cut that type grass or in those conditions, buy yourself a undercarriage cleaner that fits on your pressure washer. Roll it under, pull the trigger, wash deck-and everything else too.

I will say, that Bad Boy really should add a couple baffles under the deck to help control some of the clipping buildup. But I also know why they don't. On the 60" decks the baffling would have a second benefit of making the shell a little stiffer which it kind of needs.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
We sell Dixie Choppers and some of the older units were set at 3750 to 3850. The newer one are set at 3600.