2020 Elite will not engage starter

Bobster

Threads
Went out to mow, and now mower will not start. Thought maybe a dead battery, and put the jumpers on and still nothing. I can hear a click inside the little electical box mounted on the sidewall. Any thoughts what it may be?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check parking brake, direction control levers and pto switch to make sure everything is in the proper position for starting. Just takes one thing out of place to prevent the starter from engaging.

Bobster

Threads
I had checked all of the above, after I posted the original post, I watched some youtube videos. I jumped across the solenoid and it started and I was able to get some mowing done. Now I have to figure out what my problem is. Also, the clicking that I am hearing is coming from the relay. Thanks for ya'll help.

Bob

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Start with a wiring diagram other wise you are just shooting at noises in the dark
Make some short jumpers ( we call them patch cords for some weird reason) with a male blde on each end.
Go through your safety switches one at a time any bypass the switch by jumping the terminals
try a key start after every one and when the starter spins you have found the problem
I like to start by jumping the B & S terminals on the key switch.
I do not have a wiring diagram for your mower but if it has a control module then that could be bad
If yours is one of those keyless ignitions the start praying

Bobster

Threads
Thanks for ya'lls help. Will finish mowing again today and then start troubleshooting.