2020 4500y vs 4500z

GTO2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good evening, I'm new to Ventrac and this forum and I'm looking for some advise. I'm looking to purchase a new Ventrac 4500 and I not sure witch would be better for my intended use. I will be mowing about 6 0r 7 acers a week. ( my own lawn) and my concern is it will take longer than it does now. I'm currently mowing with a Ferris is 5100 and it takes me 2 hrs. to mow it. I would like to stay diesel but I will be giving up about 7hp from the Ferris. my other concern is i have read on this forum that you should mow in low range and from what I read that is only about 5 mph. If this is true its going to about double my mowing time. Also I'm planning on getting the rough cut mower and power rake and was wondering if the 4500Y handles these as well as the 4500Z. Any advise would be very helpful. Thankyou

Flykiller

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey GTO,
I brand new here also as you can see but I'm in the same boat you are in . I am also looking to purchase a Ventrac 4500. My only question is which engine. I have ruled out the Kubota diesel. Under powered I think. For me it is between the Vanguard and the Kubota gas and I'm leaning towards the ole tried and true Vanguard. Must not be a lot of traffic on here when it comes to Ventrac . No one has given you an opinion yet since Saturday. Don't want to hi-jack your thread on my first post. Just listening. Thanks

TEDOFVA

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought a 4500Z and it is a gas guzzler. Also I have a question. How do you guys handle the exhaust fumes> seems like mowing 3-4 hours the exhaust couldn't be good for you.