2015 ??

TigerFanatic1

Threads
My local dealer claims that the Hustler Rep. told him mid-October timeframe. He also states that the Fastrak SD will have some changes, but the price will stay the same. Changes are supposed to be:
  • Bigger back tires
  • bigger casters
  • heavier deck
  • gas tanks to be under seat
  • upgraded seat

I asked him how they are able to 'improve' the mower but not raise the price....he stated that Hustler realized the current engine was overkill and that they are going with something different. He did not like my interpretation of this as "downgrading the engine", but this is exactly what it would be.

I do not know if this guy really knows anything, but he did give me this info and advised me to wait, as I was in there to buy a 2014.

verminaters

Threads
Thanks so much for the info! im going to buy one next spring cant wait.

wdrdoctor

Threads
I really think Hustler fastrak super duty should hold more fuel. The tank sizes are too small in my opinion.

TigerFanatic1

Threads
Thanks so much for the info! im going to buy one next spring cant wait.

I must stress that I am not familiar with this salesman, so he may be full of it. However, I don't think he would pass up on a sale just to give me the run-around.

greeen

Threads
His engine comment makes no sense. The fr691v is a residential engine used in 3000-4000$ mowers so ifanything...the rest of the mower outclasses it. Unless kaw comes outwith a new engine...what would theydowngrade TO.?

Dave1954

Threads
When I Researched the hustlers I think the fast track sd comes with a top tier FX Kawasaki engine, they could save by putting in the standard commercial FS model and not drop back to the FR, residential model.

greeen

Threads
You are correct. I missed that the subject was the sd. Still though...The upgraded engine is one of the few features that sets it apart from the regular fastrak.

dshoffman77

Threads
You are correct. I missed that the subject was the sd. Still though...The upgraded engine is one of the few features that sets it apart from the regular fastrak.

This sounds VERY familiar. I just stopped into a Hustler dealer and he showed me the 3 engines type by Kawasaki. The FX, the FR and until this post couldnt remember the third, but I think it was the FS. He said he wasnt sure why they'd drop the engine down some and up the tires/transmission. If I recall, the difference between the FS and FX were minimal. maybe just the air filter / canister. I could be wrong on that. May have to go back out and talk to him again.

greeen

Threads
This sounds VERY familiar. I just stopped into a Hustler dealer and he showed me the 3 engines type by Kawasaki. The FX, the FR and until this post couldnt remember the third, but I think it was the FS. He said he wasnt sure why they'd drop the engine down some and up the tires/transmission. If I recall, the difference between the FS and FX were minimal. maybe just the air filter / canister. I could be wrong on that. May have to go back out and talk to him again.

The fs adds a sleeve around the filter element. The fx has the big canister filter and I believe an oil cooler. Also I think there are some differences with the carburetor. Are the alleged changes just with the SD or with the regular fastrak as well?