2014 Simplicity Broadmoor

1striper1

Threads
After not having it and now I have it, I wonder how I never got along without power steering!

Becareful when you hose down that Broadmoor. The electrics on these Simp's don't like to get wet.

jacksdad79

Threads
Yep...on an earlier post I had some issues with a wiring harness getting wet...the mower would not start...I had to blow it out with an air compressor. Everything is good now though!

1striper1

Threads
So what does one do if they also use it to blow snow?

jacksdad79

Threads
Im not certain...I do not use my mower for blowing snow...Yet! I currently use my ATV with plow...But after last winter im not sure if i can get along to much longer with out a blower...I contacted my dealer to see if there are any fixes and/or suggestions...Im going there on monday...Ill keep you informed as to what they say

1striper1

Threads
Im not certain...I do not use my mower for blowing snow...Yet! I currently use my ATV with plow...But after last winter im not sure if i can get along to much longer with out a blower...I contacted my dealer to see if there are any fixes and/or suggestions...Im going there on monday...Ill keep you informed as to what they say

Doesn't affect me any more. If I got my Prestige damp it would go dead....just like a dead battery. Leave it overnight to dry off, started right up, and gave me it's usual puff of smoke to let me know it was awake. I know what I'd do after the dealer tells you there's no fix for it.....if that's what he tells you.

jacksdad79

Threads
I cannot afford to trade it in...just finished washing it...left the motor running this time...no problems at all

1striper1

Threads
I cannot afford to trade it in...just finished washing it...left the motor running this time...no problems at all

If this tractor were mine I'd take apart EVERY electrical connection and literally glob dielectric grease on the contact points and where the contact points go into the plastic connector. After you put them back together I might even coat the connection with a thin layer of silicone sealant. You'll still be able to get it apart if needed.

Until B&S finds out that's causing this issue I'd be very careful about getting water near the engine bay and controls area. Like I said in an earlier post, what if the tractor owner was going to blow snow with the tractor? You want to take a chance? Go ahead.....I can't.

Last edited:

jacksdad79

Threads
Believe me...I am going to take every precaution when it comes to maintenance of this mower...Grease on the electrical connections sounds like a good idea...Still going to go to the dealer Monday and at least open up a claim so if it persist to be a problem in the future hopefully the warranty will cover it.