2014 simplicity Broadmoor update

jacksdad79

Threads
Spring is here got her out, and cleaned up...removing the deck was not as easy as they say it is but not to bad. Have 65 hours on it now...checked the oil after warming the mower up, had a white pasty substance in the fill tube, I understand this is from moisture commonly referred to as blow by...wiped it out and changed the oil...will try to warm the oil longer during start ups...also noticed a couple of very small spots that look like paint bubbling on the metal foot rest...cleaned up the deck both on top and below...grease everything and re-attached deck...it went on easier than it came off...still concerned about the Briggs engine...all in all its been a good mower...I have found that turn around on hills is difficult...often have to lift the deck to get up the hill as the full width roller prevents me from going up hill (diffLock would be great here)...also, wish the deck lifted further from the ground when not in use as it drags across the stones in my drive and often catches on debris. Still wish I had power steering, and now differential lock...after review of price points I wonder if a john Deere would have been better

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 21

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've owned Briggs engines all my life.. No Issues, Good engines.

But as far as you dragging bottom, have you correctly inflated the tires recently.. Temps outside play a role in PSI. About every 10 degrees colder you lose approx 1 or 2 lbs of PSI, & visa-versa for hotter..

jacksdad79

Threads
Yep...tires are inflated according to manufactures specs. It's Really no different than any other mower, just that the striping bar is quite a bit larger than the typical gauge wheels...thanks though

1striper1

Threads
Spring is here got her out, and cleaned up...removing the deck was not as easy as they say it is but not to bad. Have 65 hours on it now...checked the oil after warming the mower up, had a white pasty substance in the fill tube, I understand this is from moisture commonly referred to as blow by...wiped it out and changed the oil...will try to warm the oil longer during start ups...also noticed a couple of very small spots that look like paint bubbling on the metal foot rest...cleaned up the deck both on top and below...grease everything and re-attached deck...it went on easier than it came off...still concerned about the Briggs engine...all in all its been a good mower...I have found that turn around on hills is difficult...often have to lift the deck to get up the hill as the full width roller prevents me from going up hill (diffLock would be great here)...also, wish the deck lifted further from the ground when not in use as it drags across the stones in my drive and often catches on debris. Still wish I had power steering, and now differential lock...after review of price points I wonder if a john Deere would have been better

Diff lock and PS are must have's IMO. You have the B&S Pro engine? I call it the "Smoker" as mine smoked like crazy and went thru a quart of oil in 35 hours.

Good luck!

jacksdad79

Threads
Engine does not smoke at all...Like i said, its been a great mower thus far...The machine is under warranty for another 2 years, if anything happens i hope it is within that time period