2013 Dixon Ram Ultra 61" Review

I ride mine a mile total to and from my other property once a week. I will have to take that into consideration when performing routine service.
 
Fella,

Thanks for all the comments on here. I just purchased a 2014 Dixon Ultra 61, I did a lot of investigation between numerous brands and found the Dixon to have the most bang for the buck. I have mowed with it once (only had it 3 days) and absolutely love it. I have almost 2 acres and used to take me over 2 hrs on my Cub Cadet tractor (46" deck). I mowed with the Dixon and it took me less than 1 hour. I mowed it so fast that I found my self depressed that the mowing was all done lol. I cant wait for the grass to grow so I can mow again.

I looked at numerous different models and talked with numerous dealers, everyone of them said if you want a mower that will last get a better transaxle. The Dixon Ultra 61 came with the 3400 transaxle, to get the 3400 in other brands you have to spend more money than I did for the Dixon. The Dixon seems so well built, 2" x 3" frame is awesome, big tires add to the fact that its going to last for along time for me.
 
Fella,

Thanks for all the comments on here. I just purchased a 2014 Dixon Ultra 61, I did a lot of investigation between numerous brands and found the Dixon to have the most bang for the buck. I have mowed with it once (only had it 3 days) and absolutely love it. I have almost 2 acres and used to take me over 2 hrs on my Cub Cadet tractor (46" deck). I mowed with the Dixon and it took me less than 1 hour. I mowed it so fast that I found my self depressed that the mowing was all done lol. I cant wait for the grass to grow so I can mow again.

I looked at numerous different models and talked with numerous dealers, everyone of them said if you want a mower that will last get a better transaxle. The Dixon Ultra 61 came with the 3400 transaxle, to get the 3400 in other brands you have to spend more money than I did for the Dixon. The Dixon seems so well built, 2" x 3" frame is awesome, big tires add to the fact that its going to last for along time for me.

Congratulations you've got a fine piece of lawn equipment there!! Dixon was my "second choice" in the Fall of 2012. They've been making them for years and build a solid ZTR!!
 
I have a Dixon Ultra 52 - Zero Turn Mowers 2013 Ultra 52" coming for a test next week. I wanted a DX, but for the difference I think the Ultra will be enough for a home user. This is a new unit and he is giving me a good price. Now if I can mow without hitting things or tipping it over.
 
I have a Dixon Ultra 52 - Zero Turn Mowers 2013 Ultra 52" coming for a test next week. I wanted a DX, but for the difference I think the Ultra will be enough for a home user. This is a new unit and he is giving me a good price. Now if I can mow without hitting things or tipping it over.

You might want to mention that you are cutting 5 acres....that's not "normal Residential" use and may require consideration of an entry-level Commercial duty ZTR.
 
The Ultra will be more than durable enough to mow 5 acres a week. There's not much difference between the DX and the Ultra anyways.
 
I am testing a 52". I would love a 61". My only complaint so far is the lack of a fuel gauge. The ride is a little rough, but that is the short wheel base. I am still debating the DX161. The 52" did a great job mowing my front pasture. Much faster than the garden tractor.
 
I am testing a 52". I would love a 61". My only complaint so far is the lack of a fuel gauge. The ride is a little rough, but that is the short wheel base. I am still debating the DX161. The 52" did a great job mowing my front pasture. Much faster than the garden tractor.

Yep, I almost pulled the trigger on a DX152 myself. The Dixon DX100's are nice machines for the money!!!
 
Back
Top