2011 TROYBILT BRONCO 13WX78KSO11

KER

Threads
I need to check the front idler pulley that may be the problem as that pulley is tight and does not spin. I will need to pull the plastic cap off the panel so I can access the nut on top and loosen that an d get that idler pulley to spin . I removed mower deck this afternoon and the mower works fine in fwd and reverse since I reinstalled the front idler pulley that fell off as the top jamnut was missing?

KER

Threads
I would have to go with the Idler pulley that was reinstalled that is not spinning as the reason why the PTO is engaged. More to follow once I know for sure.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I would have to go with the Idler pulley that was reinstalled that is not spinning as the reason why the PTO is engaged. More to follow once I know for sure.
Do you mean Idler pulley for the DRIVE or the DECK/blades?
a pulley not spinning on the DRIVE belt will not affect the Deck belt or deck pulleys.

KER

Threads
The idler pulley for the drive underneath the engine deck. There are two idler pulleys between a bracket that has a rod that connects to the trans foot bypass pedal for the drive transmission. Or the deck engage cable is defective ?

KER

Threads
Hello Scrubcadet10,

Okay here is the latest with my 2011 Troybilt Bronco Model # 13WX78KS011.
I had replaced the deck engagement cable, readjusted the double idler pulley on the drive transmission assembly, and started the OPE and the PTO engagement handle was pertaining as it should and the Troybilt Bronco was FMC once again. I put the double bag system back on the mower and again everything was working as it should. When I engaged the PTO the deck belt came off the deck pulley that is to the right of the engine pulley. I took the far left deck belt cover from the mower deck, and rerouted the deck belt thru the pulleys and reinstalled the left drive belt cover. I restarted the OPE and the following was the result. When I engaged the PTO (Forward) nothing happened, however when I pulled the PTO engagement lever to disengage the the deck blades the blades began to rotate under the mower deck? I shut down the OPE. With the PTO being manual, I’ve checked the tension spring and that is installed correctly, replaced the deck engage cable and that corrected the problem with the deck blades rotating when I started the Troybilt Bronco, and engaged the PTO.. Now as mentioned above when I engage to the forward position the PTO nothing happens with the deck blades rotating until, I move the PTO lever in the rearward direction to disengage the PTO and the deck blades begin to rotate. Any suggestions as to why?

KER

Threads
"¯\_(ツ)_/¯" No wiring from PTO switch to clutch exists.

If you actually looked at the IPL you would had seen it is a manual PTO.

I had replaced the deck engagement cable, readjusted the double idler pulley on the drive transmission assy, and started the OPE and the PTO engagement handle was pertaining as it should and the Troybilt Bronco was FMC once again. I put the double bag system back on the mower and again everything was working as it should and then when I engaged the PTO the deck belt came off the deck pulley that is to the right of the engine pulley. I took the far left deck belt cover off the the left of the mower deck, and rerouted the deck belt thru the pulleys and reinstalled the left drive belt cover. I restarted the OPE and the following was the result. When I engaged the PTO (Forward) nothing happened, however when I pulled the PTO engagement lever to disengage the the deck blades the blades began to rotate under the mower deck? With the PTO being manual, I’ve checked the tension spring and that is installed correctly, replaced the deck engage cable and that corrected the problem with the deck blades rotating.
When I started the Troybilt Bronco, and engaged the PTO.. Now as mentioned above when I engage to the forward position the PTO nothing happens with the deck blades rotating until, I move the PTO lever in the rearward direction to disengage the PTO and the deck blade's begin to rotate. Any suggestions as to why?

KER

Threads
See pages 8 & 9 in illustrated parts breakdown, it is a manual PTO. Check & see if item 47 with part # 732-04276A is hanging loose or missing. If spring extension is there use your eyes & hands making sure all parts are tight & secure.

I had replaced the deck engagement cable, readjusted the double idler pulley on the drive transmission assembly, and started the OPE and the PTO engagement handle was pertaining as it should and the Troybilt Bronco was FMC once again. I put the double bag system back on the mower and again everything was working as it should. When I engaged the PTO the deck belt came off the deck pulley that is to the right of the engine pulley. I took the far left deck belt cover from the mower deck, and rerouted the deck belt thru the pulleys and reinstalled the left drive belt cover. I restarted the OPE and the following was the result. When I engaged the PTO (Forward) nothing happened, however when I pulled the PTO engagement lever to disengage the the deck blades the blades began to rotate under the mower deck? I shut down the OPE. With the PTO being manual, I’ve checked the tension spring and that is installed correctly, replaced the deck engage cable and that corrected the problem with the deck blades rotating when I started the Troybilt Bronco, and engaged the PTO.. Now as mentioned above when I engage to the forward position the PTO nothing happens with the deck blades rotating until, I move the PTO lever in the rearward direction to disengage the PTO and the deck blades begin to rotate. Any suggestions as to why?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I always find that putting up pics always helps.
Is there a way to take a few pics of your deck?
picdeck.PNG

KER

Threads
Fish,
I have done that and yes that is what she looks like.

Thank you

KER

Threads
You tell us after you find the problem, like I said above be patient taking your time looking over everything PTO related using your eyes & hands & pages 8 & 9 in parts manual.
MM,
BTW I did look at p 8 9 of the IPL.

I had replaced the deck engagement cable, readjusted the double idler pulley on the drive transmission assy, and started the OPE and the PTO engagement handle was pertaining as it should and the Troybilt Bronco was FMC once again. I put the double bag system back on the mower and again everything was working as it should and then when I engaged the PTO the deck belt came off the deck pulley that is to the right of the engine pulley. I took the far left deck belt cover off the the left of the mower deck, and rerouted the deck belt thru the pulleys and reinstalled the left drive belt cover. I restarted the OPE and the following was the result. When I engaged the PTO (Forward) nothing happened, however when I pulled the PTO engagement lever to disengage the the deck blades the blades began to rotate under the mower deck? With the PTO being manual, I’ve checked the tension spring and that is installed correctly, replaced the deck engage cable and that corrected the problem with the deck blades rotating when I started the Troybilt Bronco, and engaged the PTO.. Now as mentioned above when I engage to the forward position the PTO nothing happens with the deck blades rotating until, I move the PTO lever in the rearward direction to disengage the PTO and the deck blade's begin to rotate. Any suggestions as to why?